XP10 vs 11

brauner1

I have both and for a while I was switching between the two. One problem with XP 11 is that a number of aircraft have not been upgraded to work with it. So if you have an aircraft that you fly a lot, then you may want to check that it works in XP 11. XP 11 has problems with operations on the ground, like taxiing and a few other issues. Some aircraft, like the IXEG or the SAAB 340 load up ok in XP11, but have problems on the ground that may effect you. I find I can no longer fly either of these aircraft in XP11, so I don't. Updates for XP11 are a long time coming, so don't count on anything being updated for XP11. If these are the aircraft you want to fly, then stay in XP 10.

The other problem is that XP 11 is fairly buggy - whereas XP 10.5 was fairly stable, as these things go. I guess this could vary a lot though - personally I am now on XP 11.1b7 and it seems pretty good.

After switching back and forth a lot, but mainly flying in XP 10, I am now pretty happy with XP 11.1b7. More importantly, I have found an aircraft in the Carenado DO-228 that has been made for XP 11 and works well. I now fly only that aircraft and everything is great.

Edited by kneighbour

Kerry,

The Saab DOES work (unofficially) in XP11, and as you say, there is 1 problem with the ground handling.  That problem is that it slides on the ground when winds are excessive.  You stated that because of that, you can no longer "fly" the aircraft.  I fail to see what that 1 issue with the ground handling has to do with "flying" the aircraft.  

In saying that, it is not officially supported yet.  

Seeing as you are not on the dev team for the Saab, your statement "Don't count on anything being updated for XP11" is way out of line.  There are things about the update we have not made public yet, so I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't speak for us with regards to anything related to the update development process.  

Lastly, "advertising" and praising a competing product in this forum is absolutely unacceptable, and I would appreciate it if you stopped doing this.  If you want to vouch for another add on, do it in appropriate forums.  Not mine.

I hope I have made myself perfectly clear.  If not, feel free to take this private and I can clarify whatever you may have a problem with.

How severe is the ground handling? I tired both demo versions with stock models, and while in XP11 aircrafts do turn immediately towards the wind with engines off, take off in XP10 was pretty much impossible as well. Instead of better rudder authority as you speed up, it very rapidly become twitchy and completely uncontrollable until it starts turning around while skating along the runway.