Panning in VC

brauner1

With FSX one can easily look around using the mouse and spacebar with smooth angular and zoom movements. In xplane i only managed to look around by dragging the mouse which is inconvenient by itself with the need to also zoom at the same time, but movement is sharp and abrupt. Is there a way to view around like in FSX?

1 minute ago, brauner1 said:

With FSX one can easily look around using the mouse and spacebar with smooth angular and zoom movements. In xplane i only managed to look around by dragging the mouse which is inconvenient by itself with the need to also zoom at the same time, but movement is sharp and abrupt. Is there a way to view around like in FSX?

I feel a bit the opposite but it will be a matter of preference in the end, by default:

On FSX you require both hands to operate, one hand to keep spacebar pressed while the second hand moves the mouse around.

On XPLANE you can do everything single hand, while holding pressed mouse right button, you use the mouse to look around and the scrol wheel if required to zoom in/out. You can still use your left hand to keep flying the aircraft/helicopter or anything else.

note: Xplane also supports slow & fast pan camera speed movements, you can use a hat swtich assignment too. All configuration and assignments are under settings joystick or keys tab.

hope this helps