Questions from a potential customer

brauner1

As a sole FSX user, icoudlnt find much information regarding controll settings for this addon:

-With the majestic q400 it was possible to set any detent position at a specific physical hardware posiiton. So flight idle detent could be set at lowest physical throttle range    (reverse still possible using throttle decrease key F2). Do you offer a similar way of handling axis setting?

-Using offsets it was possible to define buttons to control range (such as pitch trim). Will it be doable to use a key for increasing/decreasing CL position within a set range?

-Lua scripts and mouse macros allowed for multiple actions within the VC to take place using single key press. So one could press "6" for taxi light off, landing light on and strobe on, or pressing "d" to toggle the gustlock. Is it also possible  with your product and xplane using datarefs?

Can one save panel states similar to pmdg with default state at startup?

Also

-On many video the aircraft seems to oscillate pitching up and down when taxiing. Is it intended?

-Which line model (airline/registration) was used as a reference when it was decided to incorporate a single 530 as sole rnav source?

Thanks in advance

Edited by brauner1

Saving Panel States is not possible at this time.  It MAY be possible in XP11, but we'll explore that with V2.  

The oscillations are just the aircraft rolling over uneven ground.  There is an option to set terrain to follow runway.  This can also be turned off, and it should give you a flat runway without oscillations.  

The Garmin was an after thought.  It wasn't originally part of the panel, but we added it only after many people asked for some kind of navigation equipment for flying SIDS and STARS online.  There are photos of Saab panels with a Garmin, sometimes a dual Garmin setup.  I do have these photos, but they're buried somewhere among the other photos I have.  
I do want to correct you on something.  The Garmin 530 is not the sole nav source.  There are 2 NAV radios tied into the Autopilot NAV mode and the two EHSI's.  You could very easily fly the aircraft with the Garmin turned off by using these nav radios and glass displays.  A tutorial is included that shows this at length.  No Garmin being used.  
The other questions, I'll leave for Jim to respond to.

Thank you for clarification. I did write Rnav. Obviously traditional navigation is still applicable using dual nav/adf recievers.

Im interested to know whether its possible to program a single key press for example to bring down the gust lock and simultaneously turn off both bleeds, or another keypress for switching different external lights when approaching the runway. Also whether full physical throttle range can extend only from idle detent to max for better sensitivity. And lastly for those with a single throttle axis, assigning a key which, when held, increases/decreases CL position at a constant rate until it reaches MAX/MIN respectively where further movement is locked. I could achieve these using fsuipc, however i coudlnt find information regarding any datarefs/commands introduced with your addon.

You can bind any sim related or aircraft related command to a key or button.  Creating custom "actions" that initiate more than one command simultaneously is possible, but not something included with the aircraft.  You would likely need to create your own script to do this.  The "full" range of the Saab throttle axis can be mapped to hardware.  I am not aware of any way to control or change the value that the hardware (throttle) is "inputting" to the sim, but some of the more knowledgeable hardware users on these forums may be able to elaborate.  As for using a key press to control the CL, this could be coded but is not available in the Saab at this time.  Again, this may also be possible with scripting but others will have to advise you. 

1 hour ago, brauner1 said:

Is there a published dataref of what your using for tiller assignment, gust lock position, CL position and overhead switches?

There are no published lists of datarefs or commands.  Here is some of the information you are looking for:

Power Lever Ratios:

REVERSE        < 19.0
GROUND IDLE    0.19
FLIGHT IDLE    0.42
MIN T/O        0.64
MAX POWER     0.90

=====================================================

Condition Lever Ratios:

FUEL CUTOFF    0.00
START        0.19
UNFEATHER    0.36
MIN        0.42
MAX        0.83
T/M        0.90

MANIPULATOR COMMANDS:

GUST LOCK RELEASE:    LES/CMD/gust_lock_release
GUST LOCK UP:        LES/CMD/gust_lock_lever_pos
GUST LOCK DOWN:        LES/CMD/gust_lock_lever_neg

MANIPULATOR DATAREFS:

TILLER ON/OFF:        LES/saab/NW_steer_ON_OFF    
TILLER STEERING:    LES/saab/NW_steer_LEFT_RIGHT
CONDITION LEVER LEFT:    LES/saab/CL/manip_pos_L
CONDITION LEVER RIGHT:    LES/saab/CL/manip_pos_R

Note: In the Settings window under the joystick menu you can assign your joystick(s) to “prop1” for the left condition lever and to “prop2” for the right condition lever.

There are far too many overhead switches and switch covers for me to list here.  Most of these are driven by commands, which you can find in the sim by going to the settings window and selecting the "keyboard" menu.

3 hours ago, brauner1 said:

So for example wndshld heat, stdby pitot, autocoarsen, HP bleed switches are all utilizing default xplane assignments?

If there are no custom commands listed in the sim then you can assume the switch uses a default command,

3 hours ago, brauner1 said:

What about the throttle lua i posted above?

Someone else will have to help you with FlyWithLua.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:47 PM, JGregory said:

If there are no custom commands listed in the sim then you can assume the switch uses a default command,

DO you happen  to have the dataref for external power cart connection? Trying to set it automatically without having to check the menu every time loading the sim.

Edited by brauner1