The Gate to the Great Lakes: Custer has been released!

Cameron

Woke up. Saw the email. Ran to grab my credit card. I love, love this scenery! I'm going to have a lot of fun flying around, killing time until KARB and KDTW are released :D 

Just a suggestion- in the future could you include a version with no ortho tiles? Winter is upon us and to see my snow textures I'll need to remove all the ortho tiles manually, so it would be nice to have an option to just install an alternate version or move some folders around instead. 

Edited by hamoody
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hamoody said:

Woke up. Saw the email. Ran to grab my credit card. I love, love this scenery! I'm going to have a lot of fun flying around, killing time until KARB and KDTW are released :D 

Just a suggestion- in the future could you include a version with no ortho tiles? Winter is upon us and to see my snow textures I'll need to remove all the ortho tiles manually, so it would be nice to have an option to just install an alternate version or move some folders around instead. 

Working on it ;) See what I can do

• 11 months later...

I don't know why but the Custer airport kills my frames and I have huge lag with it.

All other sceneries and airports work smooth.  Even heavy ones like New York City. 

My pc is pretty strong. i8700k overcloced to 4.9

gtx 1070 overclocked as well. 

Is there anything you can suggest to help with this situation? 

Thanks in advance. 

HI Cameron, I have textures compressed. I also have world objects on Medium. No reflections at all. Antialiasing at 2x ssaa+fxaa. Visual effects on high (hdr)

xplane is showing 12,720 mb of textures currently loaded.

Not sure if lighter trees or any other work arounds are available somewhere but I would definitely be willing to try. 

Thanks, 

Edited by pilot12345678
added more details.

• 2 weeks later...

The trees are really dense....I believe this fix should help...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45vesxqqj9lj7qm/TREEDUMBERDOWNER.zip?dl=0

The reason it is so intensive is that we did not just model boxes. Almost every building has detail and was crafted for those who like to get up and close. When I was developing this scenery I was flying simulated medevac flights and low circuits at the airport the majority of the time. This was why I wanted more detail in the objects. Hope this helps!