Unable to take off

kneighbour

I have not been flying XP much in the last few months for various reasons. I gave up on XP 11 as simply too many bugs to contend with. So I am back on XP 10.52 and I am trying to get the 737-300 to work again. I have installed the latest 1.2 and I use Windows 7.

One of my problems is that I cannot get the plane to take off. I seem to be able to taxi ok, although it does take a lot more power than what I suspect it really needs, although the high fuel load might account for that. For this test flight I started the aircraft with engines running and a full fuel load - a lot (whatever was loaded by default). I did not touch the FMC at all - so that was also loaded as default. I lined up with the runway, set 5 degrees of flap and then tried to take off. The engines spooled up ok, but the plane did not move. I checked that the parking brake was released. But no movement. The out of config alarm was sounding for some reason, but the plane eventually got rolling slightly. It felt to me like all the tires had blown, perhaps, or the plane was taking off through quicksand. Something very wrong.

I am not after a serious debug session here. There are so many problems with XP I am frankly getting tired of trying to keep it working. But I am wondering if there is something obvious that I am overlooking. I have done a LOT of flights in XP over the years and a fair number with the 737, so I am not a total novice. But this is a new one on me - sitting there with both engines running at full power and barely moving is novel.

The "some brakes still applied" is a very good suggestion. Will check that out. I have not flown XP10.52 for ages, so perhaps something has come adrift. The engines were certainly spooling up to 100% - even had some warning lights on at max power. Frankly, getting XP to work (ie get frame rates past 30, everything working) is such a tiresome exercise I am not always up to the challenge. I need to refortify my chakras or something as it is so frustrating.

Back in XP 11.05r2 last night and I had the same issue trying to get the 733 off the ground. This time I could eventually take off, but very difficult. I checked the calibration of the rudders and everything else. No problem there. The warning horn sounds at about 1/3 throttle - perhaps that is a hint. Is there a list somewhere of what triggers this alarm?

Mind you - am having serious problems with a lot of aircraft. The latest MU-2 seems totally hopeless (not compatible) in XP 11. Still, small steps.

other items that will trigger a to warning alarm when moving the throttles forward:

-brakes set (disregard as per your comment)

-trim not set on the green band

-flaps not set for TO position

-spoilers set (must be disarmed/off position)

- i think, single engine thrust will also raise a config alarm but unsure.