Cockpit all lit up at night

Luka

27 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

I think this is an issue with xplane that the cabin is lighting the cockpit as if no cockpit door were present.

Try to change the seatbelt position to turn off the cabin light and see if this cure the problem for now

yep, it's defenetly the cabin lights, and I'll try the seatbelt sign

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

because you dont put it to on - only to AUTO. Try again, please.

Jan

I know the difference between AUTO and on... Anyway, back to the point. That seems to work, only it takes 10m to dim the lights, hence why I didn't notice it when posting this.

3 hours ago, Luka said:

I know the difference between AUTO and on... Anyway, back to the point. That seems to work, only it takes 10m to dim the lights, hence why I didn't notice it when posting this.

Ah - ok. I have noticed this, too. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the light-level to register...

The whole thing is somewhat of a mystery to us (and the staff at Laminar Research, too).

First, the "LIT" texture in the cabin should not cast light on the cockpit in the first place - even if there was no backwall or door to the cockpit at all. It is not a dynamic 3D light...so we have no idea why it does that.

Second, no one has any idea why it takes a few minutes for X-Plane to register the new light-level.

The good news is that we are planning to add a better 3D cabin with 3D lights in a future update - at that point I hope that these problems will go away.

For now my workaround (if you suffer from the time-delay) is to simply leave the Fasten belt switch to ON.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 2