Sign in to follow this  
LarGer

Right Engine won't start

As the title says the right engine will not start.  I have version 1.8 of the aircraft on X-Plane 11.05r2.  I've tried reinstalling it, removing all my plugins, and starting it first and second.  Nothing I've done worked.  The left engine starts the right one does not.  I follow the checklist provided in the MU2 Pilot Handbook.

does the right hand engine/prop turn when you press the starter?   but just does't  'fire up'?

-tkyler

I have seen this on a few, very rare occasions and cannot seem to reproduce it with any regularity....and not for some time.  On the occasions I have seen it, I have investigated all the relevant data in x-plane and could not find anything out of place.  

My guess is you don't see the fuel flow meter register any fuel flow at all during this process?

-tkyer

It happened a few times to me too.

What I can say, but I don't know if it can cause this issue, is that every time I had this problem, I started the left engine first.

Will try to reproduce the problem.

On 11/1/2017 at 5:21 PM, tkyler said:

I have seen this on a few, very rare occasions and cannot seem to reproduce it with any regularity....and not for some time.  On the occasions I have seen it, I have investigated all the relevant data in x-plane and could not find anything out of place.  

My guess is you don't see the fuel flow meter register any fuel flow at all during this process?

-tkyer

Is it safe to assume then that this means you have no fix?

as I can't reproduce the problem....then I have no fix for a problem I can't reproduce. 

something more sinister going on here....several hundred users not seeing or reporting this problem, which would be a very noticeable thing.  Right now you're hte only report of the issue.  I'm definitely pondering on it though....its not going ignored.

-tkyler

14 hours ago, tkyler said:

as I can't reproduce the problem....then I have no fix for a problem I can't reproduce. 

something more sinister going on here....several hundred users not seeing or reporting this problem, which would be a very noticeable thing.  Right now you're hte only report of the issue.  I'm definitely pondering on it though....its not going ignored.

-tkyler

I got it started.  I use a CH Throttle Quadrant with the axes set for L/R Throttle, L/R Prop and L/R Mixture in that order.  My Prop levers actuate what your POH calls Condition levers so I didn't move my Mixture levers off minimum.  Since the left engine started, I didn't see this as a problem.  I decided to try starting with my Mixture levers full forward and it worked.  I looked at datarefs and found that sim/flightmodel2/engines/has_fuel_flow_after_mixture has values of 1,1 when my mixture levers are slightly forward and both fuel valves are open.  When I move one full back or close the same engine fuel valve the appropriate value goes to zero.  I don't know if that means anything or not.

Edited by LarGer

On 11/7/2017 at 9:56 AM, LarGer said:

I got it started.  I use a CH Throttle Quadrant with the axes set for L/R Throttle, L/R Prop and L/R Mixture in that order.  My Prop levers actuate what your POH calls Condition levers so I didn't move my Mixture levers off minimum.  Since the left engine started, I didn't see this as a problem.  I decided to try starting with my Mixture levers full forward and it worked.  I looked at datarefs and found that sim/flightmodel2/engines/has_fuel_flow_after_mixture has values of 1,1 when my mixture levers are slightly forward and both fuel valves are open.  When I move one full back or close the same engine fuel valve the appropriate value goes to zero.  I don't know if that means anything or not.

Thanks a million!  I never would have found this.  I had the exact same issue and the mixture levers solved it for me too!