Night Overcast (storm) Completely White

johnnykaercher

Last night it was raining HARD all the way from Nashville to Kentucky.  I thought I'd go for a flight.  So I loaded up and this is what I saw.  The picture is from the sky after takeoff but you can see the clouds are all white.  When sitting on the ground it actually lit up the ground like it was light.  It did go away after I climbed out above the storm, but this was really odd.  I had seen a post on the x-plane.org forums but did not see an answer, and figured it should be posted in this forum properly.  Have you see this before?  Is there a fix or anything I can provide the next time it happens that will help in troubleshooting this?

Thank you,

Johnny

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 12.14.16 AM.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2017 at 10:50 AM, sundog said:

That's odd, and no I haven't seen that before. I would suggest switching your SMP settings from "solid overcast" to "HD cloud puffs" - that might help if it happens again. And make sure you're on the latest version of SMP (4.6.)

I have the same issue when using solid stratiform. I'm on 4.6.0, Mac (AMD R9, MacOS Sierra), and XP11.05r4. The issue is gone when I use dense particles. Other than dense particles, I'm on all default SMP settings. Hopefully this helps you.