ramster211

Problems with MU-2 v1.8 on xp11

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

I purchased the Mu-2 v.18 for xp11 today but there is something wrong with how it behaves on the ground.

I am aware that this aircraft needs to be in idle reverse on the ground from time to time, as is the case with some turboprops, however, when i put the prop condition to taxi and the throttles in the beta range, the aircraft accelerates almost uncontrollably and i am only able to stop with the parking brake after a while of doing doughnuts. 

Also, i was actually able to take off on idle throttle and props on taxi on condition on another test. Even if this airplane is eager to get going on the ground, surely this must be a bug?

@tkylerSame.  Great plane, but I think some things need addressing in X-Plane 11.1 when the time comes.  I have the same issue taxiing.  And the plane has a very hard time losing speed on approach, even for an MU-2.  Perhaps the changes in XP11 have resulted in much stronger idle thrust and lower drag.  I'm running 11.1b5 and realize it's probably not supported as yet.  Just an FYI.

Cheers.

48 minutes ago, StevePHL said:

@tkylerSame.  Great plane, but I think some things need addressing in X-Plane 11.1 when the time comes.  I have the same issue taxiing.  And the plane has a very hard time losing speed on approach, even for an MU-2.  Perhaps the changes in XP11 have resulted in much stronger idle thrust and lower drag.  I'm running 11.1b5 and realize it's probably not supported as yet.  Just an FYI.

Cheers.

Absolutely agree with both of these two posts. I took my first spin in the  "new" version yesterday and experience bothUncontrollable taxiing and the only way I could slow the airplane down was to place the condition levels in taxi position and out the gear and flaps. I don't remember these difficulties in version XP10. At least the upgrade was free but it's back in the hanger until an update is made that corrects these issues.

are both these on X-Plane 11.1  or 11.05?

We have a few cases of these reported, but not necessarily commensurate with the sales.   I"m not seeing this on 11.05, I'm able to operate it same as I always have, including approaches.   I have NOT tried 11.10b yet, but will be doing so shortly.

-tkyler

Mine is 11.1b5

Try pulling power and observing speed reduction.  I'm not sure if it is drag coef or idle thrust or both.  But the speed retention seems inordinately high, even for the MU.  I imagine that since some changes were made to the turboprop model for 11.1, it might be the thrust #s.

Still having a great time flying it.

-Steve

overwhelmingly we seem to be getting this type of report for V11.1...and I do have it on good authority there are some significant turboprop changes for V11.1  I'll give the beta a try as soon as I can.  I haven't see this behavior on 11.05 myself, which is what I am running as of this second.

-tkyler

Great.  If there are any changes you'd like me to try, I know my way around planemaker a little bit and am running 11.1b6.  I can report back.

sounds good...thx for that.  still haven't tried 11.1 yet.   Laminar been giving me some good info on some "not so well documented" features and I'm getting the throttles working as in reality, including prop locks.  after that, I'll go into 11.1 and start messing about.

-tkyler

I have noticed, that the left tip tank empties sometimes faster than the right one (at transfer auto, XP11.1b6). When I fill the tanks before starting to lets say 50%. Starting the plane, then the pumps empties the left tip tank to the main tank. So I have to fill in XP first the main tank, then equally the outer tanks and then equally the tip tanks. Not filling every tank to 50%.

And I have double overlying lettering on both ampere/volt meters and the pedestal.  Maybe my eyes are too bad but I saw this for a few days. I checked it yesterday a few times to make a picture but ... nothing, magic Marquise. :)

I really like your Marquise @tkyler

Edited by Tail Dragger

Just in-case this might help...I don't think its specific a problem with the MU-2.  I have flown another turboprop in 11.1 that worked fine in 11.05b and the engine performances was WAY over the limits in 11.1...not even close to that in 11.05b.  This might maybe have a similar effect on the MU-2...I am not sure though...but though I would mention it in-case it might help knowing it might not only be MU-2 related.

Austin keeps the target moving for developers.  Can be frustrating, I'm sure.  But hopefully the result is even better systems.

I recently purchased the MU-2, what a great airplane, too bad I didn't do it when flying XP 10.  

However, I too experience the high power when taxiing.  Somewhat solved it by using procedure from another poster in this forum - put the blue condition levers (CH Throttle Quadrant) just forward of Taxi, then the Power Lever will go back into Ground Idle and Reverse regions.  I can then adjust the Power Lever so as to go in and out of Reverse and can somewhat control the taxi speed.  I'm running X-Plane 11.05.  Hope this helps the troubleshooting.

Tried the new MU-2 in XP 11.05r2. Did not try taxiing as started the plane at the end of the runway. But during the takeoff roll, the thing went into uncontrolled, high speed ground loops. It was amusing and totally against science. There is no way such a heavy aircaft could spin at these speeds - it was like a merry-go-round. I did check for even spool up of the engines and applied power very smoothly and gradually, but even if one engine had died (it hadn't) the spinning would not have been like it was. It spun to the left, if that means anything.

On 7.11.2017 at 0:59 PM, Tail Dragger said:

And I have double overlying lettering on both ampere/volt meters and the pedestal.

Tf1Xsac.jpg

WYD6C9I.jpg

similar experience. blast-off on taxiway. running reverse at 105% torque to hold taxi speed. emptying right tip tank leaving left alone. autopilot issues - seems pitch knob might not be working - although i was flying at night and couldn't really see the knob. cursor changed to grab, but no effect. sometimes the engine didn't go into beta range so i couldn't reverse. kind of a wild flight with a really slippery aircraft.

however, there's something about this plane that's just plain fun. i've never flown an MU2 (or any turbo for that matter).  I just remember that when it first came out, the unique characteristic was that it didn't have ailerons. just spoilers so it rolled about the wingtips, not the longitudinal axis.

just for fun, i've attached the logs. i have this feeling that this is a great aircraft.

XP 11.1? I have 11.05r2. that's all the installer allows - except for betas. i'm too chicken for betas. i spend my day writing software. i want the night off.

Cycle_Dump_MU2B_171112.txt

GizmoLog_171112.txt

Log_MU2B_171112.txt

I have seen a few videos of this plane on Twitch and Youtube. I am wondering how they did it as I simply cannot even takeoff. It is frustrating.

Dont know what version of xplane you are all running but in latest beta 7  laminar seems to have addressed the taxi to issue some what, in that it is now possible to do things in a straight line They still need to sort out the wind issue though, seems to be better since beta 5, beta 6 broke some switches wouldnt recomend it.

The sun visors are magical.  They let you see through the clouds.

I don't use the beta's...running XP 11.05

Tim