Teleport to E46, was "Unwanted repositioning followed by plane crash aka jumping to Texas"

fabiosko

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

after 11.10 is done, Ben Supnik will work with me and anyone experiencing this problem to resolve it.

I will contact you again on this forum (maybe via private message) when we are ready to start testing.

In the meantime I need everyone experiencing this bug to check something for me, please.

1.) Go to the X-Plane settings menu, then go to KEYBOARD.

2.) In the field "Search Commands" insert this text: reset flight to

3.) You should see three commands - are any of those bound to a key for you?

4.) If so, please delete the key assignment, and try to invoke the "teleport" bug again.

Let me know how it goes, Jan

Example of the screen after typing in the "reset flight to" search phrase:

Reset screen.jpg

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 2

Hello,

I don't know if E46 is somehow a famous Airport or a point of interest but it is on top 3 of the new Airport usage data pusblished on developer.x-plane.com (https://developer.x-plane.com/2017/11/x-plane-11-airport-usage-data/#more-8021). If it is just a boring airfield somewhere in Texas it could indicate a true bug.

Just saw that and wanted to inform you about it. I personally never had the problem.

Sebastian

• Upvote 1

Hi Sebastian,

yeah, Laminar is aware of the unique airport - it is the first in the list of airports (called 02 Ranch)... so there is some sort of "reset to airfield" getting triggered, and it may be the "reset to last airfield" with a wrong data field in the "last airfield" involved.

This is why I asked for the people that have this bug to check their keyboard bindings - unfortunately there is no answer.

This could mean that the bug does not occur anymore, not sure.

Cheers, Jan

Jan, as fart is concerning me the keyboard binding was the first thing I checked. In fact I attached my keyboard file, where you can see there is no binding to any "reset flight" command.
I am trying right now last beta 8 and since this release I am still not having teleport. Crossed fingers.

Ciao, Fabio

Edited by fabiosko

1 hour ago, fabiosko said:

Jan, for what is concerning me the keyboard binding was the first thing I checked. In fact I attached my keyboard file, where you can see there is no binding to any "reset flight" command.
I am trying right now last beta 8 and since now I am not having teleport. Crossed fingers.

Ciao, Fabio

Hi Fabio,

thanks for the report - I will contact you when Ben has time to troubleshoot the problem. I will send you a PM with my email!

Grazie, Ciao, Jan

Edited by Litjan