Teleport to E46, was "Unwanted repositioning followed by plane crash aka jumping to Texas"

fabiosko

I don't know if it is a IXEG problem but flying the 737 over north Italy just north of Venice I found myself suddenly in Texas airport called E46, airplane crashes at ground.

This is my route;

OSPEN DCT ABRUK DCT SETAL DCT DETSA Y106 NIKMA T128 GIKIN L865 VALMA L5 TINTO Q710 GITRI Z924 ADRUX Q125 KOVAS

Error is reproducible and happens somewhere after DETSA wpt.

The scenery is missing since I do not have USA scenery downloaded:

please see this part of log.txt:

0:57:10.143 W/ATC: Could not find an appropriate flow at LJPZ...attempting to autogen one on the fly
0:57:10.143 W/ATC: Adding autogen'ed flow AUTOGEN: North to the list for LJPZ
1:00:25.724 I/FLT: Init dat_p0 type:loc_tak apt:E46 rwy:15
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +30-106
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +28-104
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +28-106
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +28-103
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +28-105
1:00:25.724 I/SCN: DSF load time: 51074 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+30-110/+30-104.dsf (0 tris)
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +30-104
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-106
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-104
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-105
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +29-103
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +30-103
1:00:25.724 I/SCN: DSF load time: 5066 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+30-110/+30-105.dsf (0 tris)
1:00:25.724 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +30-105
FlyWithLua: User switched to a new airport (or changed the plane). Script files have to be reloaded.

Thanks for any help.

Log.txt

Edited by fabiosko

Hi fabiosko,

I have never heard of this - it would surprise me if this was brought about by flying our aircraft (not going to rule anything out, though!)

I would ask you to try the flight again after deleting your preference file and without any absolutely necessary plugins and custom scenery, then see if it happens again.

You may have a key or button assigned to resetting the aircraft by accident, or there is some incompatibility with another plugin or custom scenery.

Good luck, Jan

Tonight I tried again this route with a fresh install (http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/11/you-dont-need-to-reinstall-x-plane-to-fix-it/) and it happened again just between DETSA and NIVAS waypoints on the Y106. After that I tried the same route with the stock 738 and no problem occurred.
The only difference in plugins used between the two situation was that with IXEG I was using Xsquawkbox on Vatsim, I don't know if this can cause the repositioning...
I am going to try again without it tomorrow.
Jan maybe with your experience you can individuate a possible plugins (SkyMAXX, MaxxFX, RWC, FlywithLua, Python) which can cause the teleport, otherwise I see a clear problem with IXEG... maybe I am wrong. Thanks for your support.

Hi fabiosko,

thank you for continuing to troubleshoot this problem! I really have no idea which plugin may cause this - I am still suspecting that you have some key or button set to the function of repositioning your aircraft that may get triggered by a plugin or somehow differently.

Go to the control settings for keyboard and find the command "Reset flight to most recent start" - try to clear that command (it is set to ctrl-; by default). To clear it, just click to the right of it.

Then try the flight again.

Hope this helps!

Jan

Jan i found a little thing: the route after wpt NIVAS is no more magenta connected on my PFD. Infact the problem with teleport happens just before NIVAS.
Please see attached pics. I entered the route both using attached coroute file and manually in the FMC.
Maybe my teleport problem is related to this malfunctioning...
Thanks for your support.

Ciao
Fabio

B733_1.png

B733_3.png

LOWILIEE.fpl

Edited by fabiosko

Update!
At the gate in LOWW, when  I try to program FMS point by point, I get teleport when I insert any waypoint after NIVAS (sometimes CHI, sometimes DITUM).

I inserted all as DCT, OSPEN, ABRUK, SETAL, DETSA, NIVAS then I get randomly teleport inserting CHI or CHI then DITUM.
I also tried using and older Airac cycle (1709) but it is the same...

Edited by fabiosko

I have tried entering the routing in several different ways - and nothing happened. The only odd thing is that SETAL is a waypoint that is some 3000NM away from Europe, but I didn´t get teleported.

I would still place my money on a conflicting add-on, especically Fly-with-lua and Python. If you could remove them (move them to a different folder), launch X-Plane and then try again, that would be helpful!

If it still happens, it would be great if you could record a short video of how to recreate the problem, sometimes it is important to get every single keystroke exactly right...

Thanks!

Jan

SETAL.jpg

Edited by Litjan

I think there is some incogruence about SETAL... which AIRAC cycle are you using?
I tried AIRAC1711 and 1709 and when I got teleport at the gate in LOWW, I had only Gizmo in my plugin folder.
Right now I am trying this route and I inserted manually each point until DETSA then directly NIKMA (skipping each point of the "infamous" Y106) then normally again, inserting first airway then exiting point. Route has been plotted on PFM correctly, with magenta continous line.
Hoping...

B733_2.png

B733_4.png

B733_5.png

Edited by fabiosko

I saw reports about "teleportation" issues in X-Plane a few times already & with regard to different planes (most often it was concerning Jar Design planes). This suggests a bug in X-Plane. One recent example is this short clip - see also the comments below the video, there are a few people who experienced it too with some other plane): 

5 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Thanks for the heads-up, stolowski!

I am in contact with Ben Supnik about this one. But if I could get the video of it happening with the IXEG so I can reliably reproduce it, that would be awesome!

Jan

Yeah, reproducing seems to be difficult, otherwise we would see it documented already I guess... I've been flying with XP for 4-5 years and it never happened to me...

Today I update to 11.10b6 and flown without problem the flight that yesterday gave me teleport.
I will do more flights in the next days, but since the teleport for me (I only fly IXEG 733) came out for the first time after having updated to 11.10b5, I am confident the problem could have gone. Crossed fingers!
Any news from Ben Supnik?

Edited by fabiosko

I'm highly sceptical it has anything to do with 11.10b6... The teleportation issue is not new, I've seen reports about it several months ago. It's a very rare and apparently random bug and no one provided steps to reproduce as far as I can say. Even a hundred of succesfull flights prove exactly nothing in this case I'm afraid, until XP devs clearly confirm it's fixed.

Ben Supnik offered me an "experimental build" to test against this bug, but I declined since I could not reliably reproduce it. So there is a good chance that he had a good idea what caused it and may have just slipped this fix into b6.

Keep us informed about your further results, please!

Jan

• Upvote 1

Ben Supnik offered me an "experimental build" to test against this bug, but I declined since I could not reliably reproduce it. So there is a good chance that he had a good idea what caused it and may have just slipped this fix into b6.

Keep us informed about your further results, please!

Jan

Ah, that sounds promising then :). Thanks for escalating the issue!

With b06 I had no more teleport, now with b07 I am starting again to have them. I think you could forward this information to Ben, maybe it can further help.
In the meanwhile I am reverting back to 11.05
Or is there any change to revert back to 11.10b06 in you opinion???

Edited by fabiosko