Tassierob

MU-2 throttle problem.

Just downloaded the latest update and I cannot move the throttles with the mouse. They are locked at flight idle. I tried disconnecting my Saitek throttles but this made no difference. All the other controls work perfectly with the mouse. 

I can go from flight idle to Take Off with the Saitek Throttles but can then only select make reverse thrust. I cannot get the levers to go to ground idle. 

Any sugestions please??

Same here, latest v1.8.

Throttle levers also move with keyboard throttle (F1+F2 keys), but only in range between "flight idle" and "take off".

Taxiing with constant braking is not that much comfortable ;), even half-loaded Marquise can pick up over 50kts really fast :/.

21 minutes ago, cibrut said:

Same here, latest v1.8.

Throttle levers also move with keyboard throttle (F1+F2 keys), but only in range between "flight idle" and "take off".

Taxiing with constant braking is not that much comfortable ;), even half-loaded Marquise can pick up over 50kts really fast :/.

Exactly the same when I took it for the first flight today. Think I burned out the brakes taxiing. 

Hopefully the developer will get back to us with a fix ASAP! 

Hello,

As I wrote it on another post, you can set a button of your joystick to toggle the reverse : then, the throtlles move back to beta range.

• Upvote 1

my problem is they wont move at all im using wothhog controls and even recalibrated them all the other buttons have have mapped work but when I move the throttles, props mixture, nothing 

Edited by envey777

2 hours ago, danhenri said:

Hello,

As I wrote it on another post, you can set a button of your joystick to toggle the reverse : then, the throtlles move back to beta range.

Yes I can get full reverse with my Saitek throttle using a button but it is absolutely impossible to select flight idle which has a fine beta pitch. It all makes the plane less realistic to fly. Judging from the comments here it is not an isolated problem just from a bug in my X-Plane install but a problem that needs a patch from the developer so this otherwise excellent plane works correctly in all aspects. 

Edited by Tassierob

Hello,

That's not exactly what I said. In XP, you can set a button ("toggle thrust reverses") that just activates the reverse (not toggles it to full : that's another one) ; you may then move your throttle a little bit, and you will have a fine beta pitch.This button just activates the reverse mode, it doesn't activate the reverses themselves. I use the same trick for all liners. Of course, beta range is not reverse, but for the moment, it makes the deal.

Edited by danhenri
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, danhenri said:

Hello,

That's not exactly what I said. In XP, you can set a button ("toggle thrust reverses") that just activates the reverse (not toggles it to full : that's another one) ; you may then move your throttle a little bit, and you will have a fine beta pitch.This button just activates the reverse mode, it doesn't activate the reverses themselves. I use the same trick for all liners. Of course, beta range is not reverse, but for the moment, it makes the deal.

Ah now I get it! Thanks, that is a work around I had not thought of, I will give it a go next time I go flying.

On 10/30/2017 at 4:19 PM, Tassierob said:

works correctly in all aspects.

The problem is that all users are not in the same "aspects".  There are 5 ways a user can interact with the levers.

1. Use the mouse
  2. Use command keys
  3. Use off the shelf hardware with no detent settings
  4. Use off the shelf hardware with virtual detent settings
  5. Combined hardware + command keys

Each one of the above methods have differing requirements.  If you only use command keys for example, you must toggle in/out of 'reverse' mode and use the F1/F2 keys to "increase" or "decrease"...and if you do that and have a small screen or narrow view, you can't see the throttle quadrant easily and its hard to know if you're in beta or normal....hence the light on the panel.

If you use hardware with virtual detents, and your joystick doesn't have real detents, then you could accidentally go into reverse when retarding the throttle and things go south real quick and can ruin a good flight.

If you use the mouse, it should just work as in reality.

What I really need (and am going) to do, is write a document on the ways you can interact with the throttles/condition and give instructions for each case listed above.  

flight idle which has a fine beta pitch

flight idle is 'normal mode', not beta mode and fligh idle pitch ~ 12º according to MU2 maintenance manual...not sure where you got that flight idle is fine beta pitch.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler

On 10/30/2017 at 2:05 PM, envey777 said:

my problem is they wont move at all im using wothhog controls and even recalibrated them all the other buttons have have mapped work but when I move the throttles, props mixture, nothing 

ON the joystick calibration screen, do the feedback sliders for throttle animate with your hardware throttle paddle

-tkyler

Yes I have recalibrated the throttles xplane11 the throttles I use are Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, every switch thats mapped work in The MU2 except the throttles this is not a issue of using them during taxi ie in and out of beta thats a procedural issue my throttles just do not move in any direction 

the MU2 throttle animation are mapped to the default X-Plane datarefs for throttle...the same datarefs that animate when you calibrate your hardware.  It makes no sense that the sliders animate in x-plane, but do not in the Moo. 

Can you please attach the two logs files inside X-Plane root folder:

1)  Log.txt

2)  GizmoLog.txt

Thx

-tkyler

11 hours ago, envey777 said:

Data.txt

GizmoLog.txt

as requested:)

These files clearly show that you are being requested to activate the product, and that no activation has/is taking place. This would be why you are not able to move the throttles.

You need to activate!

Further to my original post I took the time to do a couple of tests with and without Saitek throttle and yoke connected. Interestingly if the computer was booted without them connected the throttle quadrant on the MU worked fine with the mouse but when it was reconnected the throttle quadrant could only be moved be moved with the Saitek quadrant and it was impossible to select ground idle. (All other functions are working perfectly with mouse or Saitek). Note my Saitek yoke has the Leo Bodnar PCB installed for pitch and roll but this combo works perfectly with every other aircraft I have including the LES SAAB 340a.

Please find my log file attached. Many thanks.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Tassierob

11 hours ago, Cameron said:

These files clearly show that you are being requested to activate the product, and that no activation has/is taking place. This would be why you are not able to move the throttles.

You need to activate!

I need to activate ? Ive looked and looked no where does it ask me to activate, my license is up to date..... during the setup it asked me to give a unique name which I did. so where is this activation field ?

Edited by envey777

so I deleted and re installed I find that the plane wont load unless you activate it you must provide your email and password before the plane loads into xplane 11 which I have done the first time, now what?

I am also having issues with using my throttle quadrant Virtual Fly TQ6. I cannot get into ground idle range only by repeated attempts using mouse as for reverse it will not work even though i have re calibrated numerous times and tested other aircraft with it. Taxing is currently a nightmare if you want to use hardware.

As it stands, it wont go to ground idle, hopefully it will be sorted. To go into Beta, you need to move the prop lever a tad forward of the Taxi Indent, than you will be able to go into beta. Austin is messing around with the turbine specs and some things keep changing.  From what i understand there is an issue with the props going into fine pitch. I how he sorts it out, will be nice to start with Power at ground idle.

If i am correct at present, everything below Fight idle is beta range.

Edited by mjrhealth

I'll be looking at this today and speaking with Laminar.   Turbine stuff has changed for 11.1 (which I have yet to test, but will do so today).  In addition, I'm chatting with Laminar about modeling Garretts natively within X-Plane.

So I am focused on the whole engine / throttle quadrant behavior and will get this sorted out!   Starting out ground idle is indeed the target.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 2