Cameron

Mitsubishi MU-2 Version 1.8 Update Released!

59 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, tkyler said:

That is a complete mystery.  tires blown out?  can't say I have ANY code relating to that.   No way to really know without looking over your shoulder in some capacity, like a screenshare.  Perhaps resetting X-Plane's failure menu as a start.   

Does the battery key turn and some annunciator lights come on when you turn that key?

-tkyler

Hi Tom,

I am also lost. I started the Moo with all running (to make a test didn´t want to loose time) and tried different optiona as I read in this forum. But as soon as I have it opperative there is no way to breake the beast and it starts jumping and accelerating despite the parking brake (perhaps the reason for tyres blown out...?) I moved the power levers, the condition levers, but unsuccessfully. I don´t want to "desconfigure" my setup (Saitek Yoke, Saitek Rudder Peddals and TQ6 throttle). All these work fantastic with the rest of my arrplanes and sceneries.

Probably I should do a lot much more tests, but if it doesn´t work after some tries, you know.

Tom, don waste your time looking only at my problem. I appreciate your reaction quite a lot. I only wanted to add a comment signalizing that something is not working properly and have to be fixed fore some users.

Thanks a lot for answering and looking forwar for more good stuff.

Thanks for your patience.    I'm looking at a few ways to mitigate folks issues.   Things have changed since the Moo first came out and basic "compatibility" might not be enough.  I'm looking into the engine model again, chatting with Austin and also considering some preference dialog for the differing use cases to make it a bit easier for folks to understand my design intentions.

Seems X-Plane now has a "per plane" configuration settings ..though I'm not sure exactly which version is was implemented in....but without a doubt hardware and the resulting interaction is something I need to look into.

-tkyler

2 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Thanks for your patience.    I'm looking at a few ways to mitigate folks issues.   Things have changed since the Moo first came out and basic "compatibility" might not be enough.  I'm looking into the engine model again, chatting with Austin and also considering some preference dialog for the differing use cases to make it a bit easier for folks to understand my design intentions.

Seems X-Plane now has a "per plane" configuration settings ..though I'm not sure exactly which version is was implemented in....but without a doubt hardware and the resulting interaction is something I need to look into.

-tkyler

Take your time. Main thing is to get a good model that we all enjoy. After your work on the 737 and this Moo, I don´t have any doubt that you will get it.

Best regards and thanks for your attention.

RH

On 1.11.2017 at 10:22 AM, Schorle said:

Bought this thing two days ago and quite like it!

Only thing that annoys me at the moment is a sound crackling if your in outside view. Any chance of dealing with this in a future update? Would be great!

Am I really the only one who is expieriencing this? You can hear it best using headphones and it is a real dealbreaker for me :-(

I honestly can't say I've heard it.  Can you possibly record it somehow?  and post it?

-tkyler

really like this one but struggling with a few issues, I have the manual printed off and I am trying to do the tutorial, however I get no readout on the HSI as in digital, I can't seem to turn the radios on and taxi is all over the place.....

I will reconfigure my controls to see if I can help with the taxi issue but a pointer or 2 for the other things would be helpful...

Also SRL?....can't see that anywhere......so want to get this one working right for me as it is really good....

I am XP11.5 .......no BETA.....

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by wain
more info

ok no panic, seems the yellow switches turn on the GPS atc, found SRL......right handful to fly thoughbut I am reading that this is how the real one is.....can't get my levers to go to reverse but that is probably my controller....anyway now I seem to have worked it out I have to say this is a great little aircraft and very quick to just wants to motor away....great work love it......

Progress report on engine work/update patch.  The engine model is now approaching very good accuracy over about 95% of Garrett behavior....including

• prop lock mechanism,  both setting and releasing the locks...(and feathering if you forget)
  • un-feathering pump functionality.  
  • No more "reverse" mode per se, only beta and prop governing modes as in reality.   I'm considering removing the 'REVERSE' light...or at least relabeling it "BETA".  Reverse thrust results with increasing beta angle.
  • proper engine RPM control in both beta and prop modes.  Condition levers at taxi will keep the RPMs around 72% range in both beta/prop modes...but will vary slightly as fuel controller response does its thing
  • Proper lever regimes...now you start engines with power lever between ground/flight idle as per real procedure, not at flight idle.
  • Nominal thrust in the ground idle, beta mode...no more "super thrust" between ground idle and flight idle.
  • overspeed governor.  Fire-walling throttle with blades at flat pitch will limit RPM accordingly. 

NOTE that the Moo hasn't been tested in 11.1  yet.  I've been warned by several inside folks that I should treat 11.1 integration cautiously, but until I get there I won't know.  At the very least, this version will be the baseline and so still needs to be done for the current version.  I've changed nearly all of the engine code.  Patch date unknown.  Still have to conduct flight tests with engine shutdown and air restarts....also looking to implement accurate NTS behavior during in-flight engine shutdowns...and unsure what I'll come across there.  Update to the 1.x run will be free as usual.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler