Reflection displays

AlesCCZ

Hi folks,

I found a screenshot from the IXEG 737 cockpit. There's amazing reflection on the displays.
I've seen some older videos with cockpit reflections. My cockpit does not have it.
Is this a bug in X-Plane 11? It's a minor problem, but I'm interested in it.

reflexe.JPG

The left side is my screenshot.

Edited by AlesCCZ

Hi stolowski,

I can´t really put out a solid forcast on the timing of the next update. At the least we will have to wait until 11.10 is declared final - there are some flight-model changes that we will need to adjust to, in particular the behaviour near the ground (wing downwash affecting the stabilizer).

We will put in as many fixes as we can for this next incremental update, Tom has already fixed some lingering gizmo soft-crashes - and the reflections will be part of it, too.

The stuff that everyone is waiting for - better VNAV, a 3D cabin, opening doors, etc. will not be part of this next incremental update, unfortunately.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Cameron said:

The HotFix system is code only, not objects, so the quick and dirty answer is "no".

Ok, thanks... and please, before next update, check everything well so you don't forget anything...

Meanwhile, I'll keep flying ZIBO mod (best VNAV), and wondering why I spent 70$ but you are not able to quickly fix a bug like this. Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, gonvise said:

Ok, thanks... and please, before next update, check everything well so you don't forget anything...

Meanwhile, I'll keep flying ZIBO mod (best VNAV), and wondering why I spent 70$ but you are not able to quickly fix a bug like this. Thanks.

Hmm, what can I say? The oversight to include the reflections in the last update was really a mistake on our part and I believe we said that we are sorry - if not, well, we are sorry!.

We can´t pump our updates out like the ZIBO mod can, because the overhead involved with every update is a lot bigger - and we want to incorporate as much as possible into these updates.

We are currently waiting for the 11.10 run to finish - if we had released an update for the reflections only then people would have to wait a longer time for us to adapt to the other changes that 11.10 brings, like flight-model changes, for example.

I don´t want to sound defensive and I think the ZIBO mod is a great addition to our hobby and X-Plane in general. I have nothing but respect for the work he does for free! - but it is a different thing to develop an airplane from scratch compared to taking an already working model and modding it. I haven´t flown the ZIBO mod myself, but I firmly believe that our model is closer to the real 737-300 than the ZIBO mod is to the real 737-800.

I know there are different things that people look for when they buy an add-on, and if you are happy with good reflections in the cockpit and think that ZIBO´s VNAV works great (don´t forget that he has wing-flex!!) , then you probably could have stayed with that and not missed much. Sorry to be a disappointment, but thanks for supporting us, though! ;)

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 9

Zibo mod is great and it's hard work. But, updates are very common, as everyone is testing this plane. IXEG is a professional product and only releases stable and tested and tuned updates. Sometimes it becomes a mistake, but it happens, we are just humans.
Looking forward to the next update, I hope it will be soon.

On 14/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, gonvise said:

Dear Gonvise:

Maybe it is time for you to shut your computer down, go outside and get som fresh air a couple of hours...

Before you come back online, please remember to take your "nice guy" shirt on :-)

Cheers

Syl20

Edited by Syl20
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Syl20 said:

Dear Gonvise:

Maybe it is time for you to shut your computer down, go outside and get som fresh air a couple of hours...

Before you come back online, please remember to take your "nice guy" shirt on :-)

Cheers

Syl20

Dear Syl20,

I'm outside all day, but thank you for worrying about my health. My children only leave me half an hour a day to "fly"!!!

I searched in my closet, but the closest thing is a T-shirt that says  "don't go where they don't call you" ;-)

Maybe you should follow your own advice... 

On 14/11/2017 at 2:51 PM, Litjan said:

Hmm, what can I say? The oversight to include the reflections in the last update was really a mistake on our part and I believe we said that we are sorry - if not, well, we are sorry!.

We can´t pump our updates out like the ZIBO mod can, because the overhead involved with every update is a lot bigger - and we want to incorporate as much as possible into these updates.

We are currently waiting for the 11.10 run to finish - if we had released an update for the reflections only then people would have to wait a longer time for us to adapt to the other changes that 11.10 brings, like flight-model changes, for example.

I don´t want to sound defensive and I think the ZIBO mod is a great addition to our hobby and X-Plane in general. I have nothing but respect for the work he does for free! - but it is a different thing to develop an airplane from scratch compared to taking an already working model and modding it. I haven´t flown the ZIBO mod myself, but I firmly believe that our model is closer to the real 737-300 than the ZIBO mod is to the real 737-800.

I know there are different things that people look for when they buy an add-on, and if you are happy with good reflections in the cockpit and think that ZIBO´s VNAV works great (don´t forget that he has wing-flex!!) , then you probably could have stayed with that and not missed much. Sorry to be a disappointment, but thanks for supporting us, though! ;)

Cheers, Jan

Thanks Jan,

Great product, but with a price similar to the same xp11, I'd like to see updates more frequently... even more when a mistake is made.

Cheers and peace, Gonzalo

Edited by gonvise

Hi guys,

lets not fight - thanks for defending us, Syl20, and gonvise, your concerns are duly noted!

We are striving to put out 1.21 soon after 11.10 is finalized. Until then we try to get as much content and fixing into it as possible with the time available to the team-members in charge of their components.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 4

Hi guys,

lets not fight - thanks for defending us, Syl20, and gonvise, your concerns are duly noted!

We are striving to put out 1.21 soon after 11.10 is finalized. Until then we try to get as much content and fixing into it as possible with the time available to the team-members in charge of their components.

Cheers, Jan

I like your approach, Jan (pun intended) [emoji3].

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1