PSA

hohum

Curious to know...what did you do?

In no way is it ever acceptable to seek someone out like this, and that's borderline bad harassment to be calling your work.

This sounds rather unbelievable, but I know better unfortunately. A while back I recall a time when I young man was frantically private messaging me here to delete posts he made because Nicolas Taureau (owner of X-Plane.org) was calling his home phone and screaming at him over some issue. The young man explained to me that Nicolas was so irate it seemed as though through his screaming and yelling he could hardly breathe.

Very strange stuff. Sorry you've got caught up in this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

Curious to know...what did you do?

It doesn't matter what I've done, because it doesn't give him the right to flush $1300 of my purchases and harass me at work.

However, since it bears some relevance to this discussion, I'll tell you.   I've been really nasty and highly critical of his business by E-Mail.  For example on Saturday his store front was returning an invalid SSL certificate and I wrote him an E-Mail about it.   I began that E-Mail with "Dear Fuckface,"

Well, at least you're honest of your antagonism.

While that probably wasn't appropriate or nice of you to say, going as far as you claim he has done above is not even close to acceptable.

Nicolas should have walked away from this, perhaps even ignoring you, but the response you've gotten from him (or your employer) is rather scary.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't matter what I've done, because it doesn't give him the right to flush $1300 of my purchases and harass me at work.

However, since it bears some relevance to this discussion, I'll tell you.   I've been really nasty and highly critical of his business by E-Mail.  For example on Saturday his store front was returning an invalid SSL certificate and I wrote him an E-Mail about it.   I began that E-Mail with "Dear Fuckface,"

Dear F**kface? And, you're upset with him?

I think X-Plane needs to sever their relationship with both of you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dear F**kface? And, you're upset with him? I think X-Plane needs to sever their relationship with both of you.

I think anyone here would be upset that some random guy who sold you X-Plane software on the internet is calling you or your employer on the phone and harassing people.

Nicolas has no business doing that.

The right to refuse business is Nicolas' prerogative, but calling someone's place of work? Never.

• Upvote 1

I think anyone here would be upset that some random guy who sold you X-Plane software on the internet is calling you or your employer on the phone and harassing people.

Nicolas has no business doing that.

The right to refuse business is Nicolas' prerogative, but calling someone's place of work? Never.

I understand and agree. I would be upset, too, if it's true.

However, we have only heard Hohum's version of the story. And, he's emotionally involved, which leaves me wondering about his objectivity. In addition, it's my understanding that Hohum has been recently banned from two different groups, which leaves me wondering about his behavior.

At the least, I'd like to see a response from Nicolas. At the best, I'd like to hear from the moderators who banned Hohum, which is not likely.

I understand and agree. I would be upset, too, if it's true.However, we have only heard Hohum's version of the story. And, he's emotionally involved, which leaves me wondering about his objectivity. In addition, it's my understanding that Hohum has been recently banned from two different groups, which leaves me wondering about his behavior.

At the least, I'd like to see a response from Nicolas. At the best, I'd like to hear from the moderators who banned Hohum, which is not likely.

Nicolas will not speak about this. He doesn't operate that way. It's more of a "silent sniper" mentality with him...out of public view until someone says something.

That said, this story is in line with history involving Nicolas and phone calls. He has been known to do this before.

And, while I don't agree with the words used by Hohum, he had no issue flat out telling what he said, which obviously doesn't put him in a good light (and he knows that).

Given history, I'm inclined to believe what I've read here.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tony Moore said:

I'd like to hear from the moderators who banned Hohum, which is not likely.

I agree its not likely to happen.
Do you really like to see moderators from other forums , tellng here of misbehaving visitors on their forum? And explaining why they took action agains certain persons?

Speaking for myself, it will not happen from my side.

Edited by Leen de Jager

I agree its not likely to happen.

Do you really like to see moderators from other forums , tellng here of misbehaving visitors on their forum? And explaining why they took action agains certain persons?

Speaking for myself, it will not happen from my side.

This post was not even necessary or contributionary, and totally takes the post you are responding to out of context.

No one said anything about an explanation needing to be posted on this site. Nicolas should address this. It does not matter where. The X-Plane world is small enough that people will see the response either here, there, or on the reddit thread.

Sorry, its a misunderstanding

I was reacting on the quoted part about expecting or not expecting explanations from other moderators and I assumed Tony expected them ( the explanations from other moderators)  here.

It has noting to do with the issue what this thread is about, it was more about expecting moderators explaining their actions on their fora, on other fora,  the moment this came across in this discussion.

Edited by Leen de Jager