Engines not starting

rafelplana

Good Morning,

I recently purchased your Saab 340A, and I'm experiencing some issues. By the way, currently using X-Plane 11.10b2.

1st and the main one: the engines are not starting. I tried manual start up with the interactive checklists, manual start up using youtube tutorials and the automatic start up of the aircraft; always the same result: engine rpm rises, engine Temp rises to about 40 deg and stays there forever... no fuel flow, no torque rising... so no engine start.

2nd Cannot manipulate the course 2 knob. Getting an error message.

3rd Cannot bind the condition lever with my saitk throttle cuadrant. In the aircraft documents states that a Gizmo menu should be used to do that, but that menu does not appear in my gizmo toolbar. 

If anyone knows how to solve these problems would be really helpfull

thanks a lot

Try starting engine number 2 first.

Keep an eye on condition levers and make sure they are in the correct location

2 The course 2 knob is a bug that i believe the developer will fix in the next version

3 For this aircraft look on the right of your screen, there is a menu and an icon you need to use to assign a control axis to your condition levers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You're a brave one.  Using an XP10 aircraft in a beta build of XP11.  

I'll start by saying we cannot officially support the Saab in XP11.  You will have gotten a msg in the sim when you loaded it in XP11 warning you about potential problems.

Point 1.  Could be anything.  From trying to run the Saab in a beta version of X Plane to an incorrect install.  Make sure you pointed the installer to your root X Plane folder and that you changed absolutely nothing in the acf file.

Point number 2 is a known bug.  It's fixed and will be in the coming update.  In the meantime, don't use CRS 2.

3.  Again, could be anything.  

Jim MIGHT provide a solution, but because it's a beta version of x plane, I'm not so sure.

My thoughts...

1. Your condition levers were probably set all the way forward and not at the MAX detent as required.

2. As stated by others above, this will be fixed in 1.4.2.

3. Apologies for the documentation being outdated.  You no longer need to assign your condition levers as in the past.  You can simply use the standard X-Plane axis bindings and assign "prop1" for the left and "prop2" for the right condition levers.

On 14-10-2017 at 2:23 PM, JGregory said:

My thoughts...

1. Your condition levers were probably set all the way forward and not at the MAX detent as required.

2. As stated by others above, this will be fixed in 1.4.2.

3. Apologies for the documentation being outdated.  You no longer need to assign your condition levers as in the past.  You can simply use the standard X-Plane axis bindings and assign "prop1" for the left and "prop2" for the right condition levers.

1. Same issue here, my saab ran fine before. It must be related to the beta.. exactly the same what op is describing.

almost like the propellers are still in gust lock, but autostart also doesnt work.. which means it is an issue with the plane/xplane

Edited by Daffers