Flightlevel question

wain

Well you can look up real flights using flightaware & co:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EZY8247/history/20170925/1255Z/EGKK/ELLX/tracklog (that's EGKK to EGLX which is not that far away)

That said, 370 is much more realistic although I think that's for a light 737 (for me the FMC usually recommends around 350 for optimal crz altitude)- 130 would be for a really short hop.

Edited by mfor
  • Upvote 1

thanks for the link and the info, I have looked again and PFPX has my cruz at FL230  so my error in misreading that but still two very different flight levels, also alternates very different, Simbrief suggested Amsterdam whilst PFPX suggested EBLG.....I haven't used PFPX for a long time so it may just be me needing to get back to grips with it....

It helps if you install real world route information into PFPX - there are some available to download from forums and they have a tool to generate them from the real world information available from air traffic services like NATS - but it's a bit of a tedious job.

If you let PFPX figure out the route it doesn't always do a great job.