RMI needle not pointing to the right GPS direction of flight plan

teofilo

Hi guys,

I am having issues with the RMI indicator, it's not pointing to the right direction when I have the GPS selection for NAV mode.

I try to move it manually using the knobs and it doesn't let me.

Am I missing something?
Check attached image.

You can see the flight plan is straight and the needle is pointing to the left.

TeoLES_Saab_340A_1.png

The RMI (gauge) will track either an ADF or VOR, as selected by using the switches on the RMI gauge itself.  And, the NAV1 or NAV2 radio must be tuned to a valid source and receiving a signal for the needle to display the bearing.  The RMI gauge needle WILL NOT point to the waypoints in a flight plan from the G530.

59 minutes ago, teofilo said:

mmerelles, you are right and I mistakenly used the wrong term/ I was refering to the EHSI course NAV... it's not pointing in the direction but it does show the distance and LRN1 with the correct distance but not the correct direction for the arrow.

Please post your GizmoLog.txt and Log.txt files.  And, if you are running Saab v1.4.1 in XPv11, there is not much we can do except to note the issue for a future update.

There is an option in Planemaker to enable CDI to by syncronised to GPS DTK value. So it can be turned ON. Then, needle should always turn to DTK value to next waypoint. I'm talking about XP11. 

My question here is: is that working like that in realworld counterpart?

Edited by Junglist

1 hour ago, Junglist said:

There is an option in Planemaker to enable CDI to by syncronised to GPS DTK value. So it can be turned ON. Then, needle should always turn to DTK value to next waypoint. I'm talking about XP11. 

My question here is: is that working like that in realworld counterpart?

That's also assuming the Dataref that we are using is default and not custom.

4 hours ago, Junglist said:

Here is video of how it works in XP11.

Check that you edited the appropriate ACF file (passenger version, for example) and then SAVED it in PlaneMaker and loaded it in XP11 after that.

X-Plane_10.28.2017_-_19.21.12.01.mp4

ok found out it is working but I have to press the OBS key twice on the GPS and the CDI button once to GPS for it to align properly. Pressing just the CDI button doesn't point the arrow in the right direction.

But for now that solves the issue.

Thanks for the video.

Regards,
Teo

21 hours ago, teofilo said:

ok found out it is working but I have to press the OBS key twice on the GPS and the CDI button once to GPS for it to align properly. Pressing just the CDI button doesn't point the arrow in the right direction.

But for now that solves the issue.

Thanks for the video.

Regards,
Teo

Try to turn ON LRN (GPS) mode not with buttons from GNS530 bezel, but from roller near NAV1 radio on top of the main panel.The one, that is after EFIS brightness adjuster.