Playback error

Texanpilot92

Seems to me you use external hardware lever for landing gear, saitek or similar?

After landing, your hardware lending gear is set to down, but if go instant replay back enough for the landing gear still being UP during approach xplane will try to set the dataref for landing gear up, but your hardware lever will impede it. So you have to move your landing gear accordingly. Xplane can not move your hardware.

-I have confirmed during the payback that at the exact time that the gear should come up it begins to make a rapid clicking sound at that time. 

-If the gear are placed in the "OFF" position, and then I do the playback there is no issue.  

-I have de-binded any hardware from the landing gear function.

Thank you

6 hours ago, jfjoubert said:

It would be nice if LR could somehow "disable" dataref checks against hardware whenever replay mode is active... just a thought.

Gizmo puts datarefs into read-only mode during playback. Internal scripts can still modify values but external inputs like manipulators should be locked out.

Hi Texanpilot,

I saw the video, thank you. I am not sure what causes this, this is the first time I have seen that or heard someone report it.

Just to clarify, it is not possible to save a replay and play it later.

I am also curious why your "flight control" master caution is lit. Do you have hydraulics A turned on? Is a failure enabled in X-Plane?

Does this happen on every flight you do (and try to replay)?

Jan

Hi Texanpilot,

I did some experimentation and see the problem you describe. I am not sure if it has always been that way or if it started with XP11 or some update to it.

I will have our devs look at it, I am not sure if it is in our court or if Laminar should fix it.

Thanks for making us aware!

Jan