De-authorization problem

tisf081

11 hours ago, tisf081 said:

I want to sell my 2nd pc and I want to deauthorize it. How can I do that? I can not find any option in Gizmo menu for that.

Erase the disk. The machine ID is generated from OS details. Erasing the disk will force the new owner to have a new OS and in turn, a new machine ID.

Edited by Ben Russell

6 hours ago, Cameron said:

You do not need to worry about that until you have reached the maximum activation limit. At that time you will be offered the ability to de-authorize a computer forever.

That's not a solution. And what if the new owner of my pc, wants to buy a product from x-aviation? 

1 hour ago, Ben Russell said:

Erase the disk. The machine ID is generated from OS details. Erasing the disk will force the new owner to have a new OS and in turn, a new machine ID.

This is not a solution. You can not force someone to format his pc, in order to get rid of your authorization. Come on, don't you have a better solution?

• Upvote 1

This is not a solution. You can not force someone to format his pc, in order to get rid of your authorization. Come on, don't you have a better solution?

Why in the world would you sell and ship someone a PC with your old data on it?

It certainly IS a solution to have the machine formatted and OS setup new prior to sale, and you should!

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Why in the world would you sell and ship someone a PC with your old data on it?

It certainly IS a solution to have the machine formatted and OS setup new prior to sale, and you should!

Dear Cameron,

It's a used pc from a friend and I don't want to format it. A used pc does not contain only x-plane, but other usefull data between friends.

But this is something that it's beyond the purpose of x-aviation support, I believe. 

In your video, it seems that the window of de-authorization apears after 4 or 5 authorized pc if I remember well. I can't belive that it's so difficult for you to add the ablility of de-athorization at any time, no matter if someone has reached the total allowable authorized machines.

And I repeat, it's not ideal solution to force someone to format his pc in order to get rid of x-aviation authorization. There must be an other solution, that not forces anyone to do what you want...

15 hours ago, spal said:

Dear Cameron,

It's a used pc from a friend and I don't want to format it. A used pc does not contain only x-plane, but other usefull data between friends.

But this is something that it's beyond the purpose of x-aviation support, I believe. 

In your video, it seems that the window of de-authorization apears after 4 or 5 authorized pc if I remember well. I can't belive that it's so difficult for you to add the ablility of de-athorization at any time, no matter if someone has reached the total allowable authorized machines.

And I repeat, it's not ideal solution to force someone to format his pc in order to get rid of x-aviation authorization. There must be an other solution, that not forces anyone to do what you want...

Make a back up of the data and re-install the OS.

Storage is cheap.

Sharing of licensed products between groups of friends was a persistent and wide spread problem before we refreshed the DRM.

You will get exactly zero sympathy here.

Make a back up of the data and re-install the OS.

Storage is cheap.

Sharing of licensed products between groups of friends was a persistent and wide spread problem before we refreshed the DRM.

You will get exactly zero sympathy here.

He doesn't want to share licenced products between groups of friends, so he is asking how to uninstall a product. I use a lot of paid programs and never have to format my PC to uninstall something. Be coherent.

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P9 Lite mediante Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

He doesn't want to share licenced products between groups of friends, so he is asking how to uninstall a product. I use a lot of paid programs and never have to format my PC to uninstall something. Be coherent.Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P9 Lite mediante Tapatalk

You obviously did not understand the context of the words you just responded to from Ben.

This has nothing to do with uninstalling the product. Anyone can do that. We provide an uninstaller for a reason.

• Upvote 1