using ATC

wain

Sorry but I posted a similar question a while back in the Help section.....I now have Pilot2ATC, they guide me in the general direction of my departure then tell me to continue with my filed plan, I have the same plan in the FMC, however I am not sure how I activate it, do I just press LNAV / VNAV or is there a procedure taking me to the next point in my FMC route....I also assume I have still to ACTIVATE / EXECUTE during the FMC set up like I normally would?.....

example..... route is A-B-C-D

ATC gets me airborne then tells my to resume own navigation as per filed plan but I am now at point C, is there a procedure or sequence in the FMC for starting now at C as opposed to A?

I hope this question makes sense...

Thanks for any help

Wayne

If your flight plan is A, B, C, D, E, F

your are already at B and ATC ask you to resume at C, you simply press C LSK on the LEGS page, then press LSK1 (active waypoint) to override active waypoint with C and shift the entire flight plan up, then EXEC then engage LNAV, you may also engage VNAV if cleared to resume vertical profile as well.

The aircraft will fly to C and resume.

Hope this helps

edit: i am unfamiliar about p2ATC, but on real life and also over online networks like Vatsim or Pilotedge. Is quite common depending on traffic conditions, you are flying at B and ATC tells you cleared direct to E. Procedure is the same:

-Press E LSK on the legs page, press LSK1 to override active waypoint, press EXEC and now you are heading direct to E skipping everything in between and the FMC will resume the flight plan from there

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1