Jump to content
Tom Stian

X-Plane 11.10 beta is close

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, TimeTraveler said:

 

 

Hi Litjan, not sure if anyone noticed or has it been posted already, but he brow windows were not clear in the new beta 11:10b1...not sure about 11 10b2

They seem to be fine for me in b2:

733 no shades.jpg

733 shades.jpg

Cheers, Jan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Litjan said:

They seem to be fine for me in b2:

733 no shades.jpg

733 shades.jpg

Cheers, Jan

 

gonna check in a bit..updating my nvidia driver to the latest one from the 9oct, then fire up xplane again!

 

cheers,

Luig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wain said:

mine have always been green, then click on them and they go clear, isn't that by design?

Yep, thats how they work. The real ones are made out of plastic and are a pain to get in and out. We used to have those old Captains that insisted on taking them out during the night, so they could spot...well, what exactly? The enemy nightfighters´ exhaust glow? :lol: Thats what you get for flying with WWII veterans...

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Litjan said:

 We used to have those old Captains that insisted on taking them out during the night, so they could spot...well, what exactly? The enemy nightfighters´ exhaust glow? :lol: Thats what you get for flying with WWII veterans...

Well, it's getting close to xmas... a fat guy in red suit and reindeer perhaps

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 4:33 PM, Tom Stian said:

And I feel the ground effect fix .. Its almost flying on rails now compared to 11.05 during takeoff and landing. Forgot how to fly without this bug.

 

Seriously? 

I've done numerous test over the last few days with mixed results. I noticed that the severity depends on the aircraft but almost all of the aircraft had the tendency to nose drop on to the runway. The planes I tested were IXEG, FlyTeAir Piper Arrow 3, Cherokee140 and stock Cessna 172. IXEG and the arrow 3 feared the worse and it literally felt as if there was a wall blocking my pitch on a flare. The others felt better but the nose drop was still felt and it still requires too much back pressure on a yoke.

 

Those are just my observations.

Edited by Denco
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2017 at 1:11 PM, Litjan said:

They seem to be fine for me in b2:

Well, I was still getting blocked out windows, so I merely took my copy from my dedicated xplane 1105 and put it in the xplane beta and it's now good to go, back to normal.  I wonder if the initial dl on that particular drive was not complete, or sumptin..anyway, back to great flying. Thanks Litjan!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Denco said:

 

Seriously? 

I've done numerous test over the last few days with mixed results. I noticed that the severity depends on the aircraft but almost all of the aircraft had the tendency to nose drop on to the runway. The planes I tested were IXEG, FlyTeAir Piper Arrow 3, Cherokee140 and stock Cessna 172. IXEG and the arrow 3 feared the worse and it literally felt as if there was a wall blocking my pitch on a flare. The others felt better but the nose drop was still felt and it still requires too much back pressure on a yoke.

 

Those are just my observations.

It was my first impression only. I havent been able to fly the 733 on the beta so much yet. 

But I see people have different experience. I noticed that someone said that the Carenado B1900D was much smoother now. For my it is unflyable. Im not even able to do a proper takeoff.

I have some more time now with the 733 since the VATSIM CTP is over. So will for sure test it more :) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello pilots,

as XP11.10 is getting closer to final version ( I hope), can we expect some update on B733?

Maybe some animation or....I don't know ....FMC features absent till now?

:)

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone flare this plane properly at 15 or 20 feet in beta4? It's almost impossible to raise the nose at that point.

Edited by Denco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austin is obviously still experimenting with the ground effect, affects all aircraft.  At this point report your observations to LR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Denco said:

Can anyone flare this plane properly at 15 or 20 feet in beta4? It's almost impossible to raise the nose at that point.

Yes, I can properly flare this plane (you saw my video) and Austin is considering the ground effect on the stabilizer fixed at this point, and so do I.

There is probably something wrong with your joystick settings or the way you set the CG, the airspeed you land at or the something else.

I can fly and land the plane just fine and it does not handle much differently in the landing than the real aircraft did for me.

Cheers, Jan

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hullu-poika said:

Is this slow motion video?

No, real time. Yes, you have to "pull" more than in XP11.05 during the break, but there is enough authority to do the maneuver unless trim and speed control are bad during the approach.

I can´t say that I think the new model that Austin did is an improvement - but I can live with it and we may be able to do some adjustment to it later.

If you are not happy with it, by all means let Austin know! File bug reports here:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Cheers, Jan

 

Edited by Litjan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have dusted off my Ground effect documentation so we are prepared should the end result of 11.10 be bad.  To early at this point. Not the first time, like FSX/P3D (still), Austin had it all wrong many years ago but we got it "right" eventually :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Litjan said:

Yes, I can properly flare this plane (you saw my video) and Austin is considering the ground effect on the stabilizer fixed at this point, and so do I.

There is probably something wrong with your joystick settings or the way you set the CG, the airspeed you land at or the something else.

I can fly and land the plane just fine and it does not handle much differently in the landing than the real aircraft did for me.

Cheers, Jan

 

I saw the video, but never realized it was yours. I had my suspicions thought :) . Time I get some practice in I guess. How does one calculate the CG. Most payware planes will do this for you so I got kind of spoiled by that.

Edited by Denco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Denco,

I just tried the "737 walz" in 11.10b4 that my real instructor demonstrated during my initial landing training in 96:

Approach normally, but don´t arm the spoilers! Add, 1-2% N1 just before touchdown. Now float down the runway, touching down with the left wheel, then the right wheel, then the left... The ground effect will keep you floating without speed loss.

You will have to pull quite a bit in X-Plane, but it shows that it there is enough elevator authority.

The CG can be adjusted in the "ground services" menu before takeoff, and it will calculate the resultant takeoff trim setting for you. Note that this trim setting will be too much "nose up" after you climb out of ground effect, another sideeffect of Austin´s new downwash model. We will adjust that after 11.10 goes final. Be prepared to trim nose-down after climbing through 20 feet or so...

Jan

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21. oktober 2017 at 7:39 PM, Morten said:

Austin is obviously still experimenting with the ground effect, affects all aircraft.  At this point report your observations to LR. 

Just to correct myself, aircraft with high tail, like an MD80, will hardly see a pitch down change because their horizontal stabilizer is not flying directly in the wing downwash..

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Denco,

I just tried the "737 walz" in 11.10b4 that my real instructor demonstrated during my initial landing training in 96:

Approach normally, but don´t arm the spoilers! Add, 1-2% N1 just before touchdown. Now float down the runway, touching down with the left wheel, then the right wheel, then the left... The ground effect will keep you floating without speed loss.

Jan

 

Don't worry, like I said on the .org I'm going to believe a real pilot over my instincts anytime ;). I'm currently flying my second leg with the first one being quite successful on landing considering the turbulent weather at San Francisco.

 

It's been a while since I last flown in XP, been waiting on the 11.10 release and ground wash implementation. After doing some test flights I still can't believe how well this plane feels when hand flying. Truly something I've newer experienced in any other flight simulator especially not in XP. I really hope this isn't your last plane and I also hope that the next one you make is going to be something popular, like 738 or 747, so that you get payed in tons for your talent. But I also understand that you guys are still planning to improve the 733 so I don't mind the wait.

Edited by Denco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PilotNL said:

"Joystick & keyboard profiles available to save different set ups per aircraft." -Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.. That is a very welcome feature to have this builtin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.10.2017 at 11:52 AM, marpilot said:

Hello pilots,

as XP11.10 is getting closer to final version ( I hope), can we expect some update on B733?

Maybe some animation or....I don't know ....FMC features absent till now?

:)

Cheers

Let me ask again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×