P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

20 hours ago, airfighter said:

First of all, you can't control the throttles via manipulators in 3D cockpit. This is something that will come in the near feature bundled with VR compatibility. You can only control them via joystick or keyboard. Is there any possibility to have any kind of problem with your joystick?

I don't think my joystick or throttle were the problem. I tried different axis on different hardware throttles, none worked. Even the keyboard command for throttling up didn't work, so I don't think it was a hardware problem. If this happens again, what can I do or test to help you figure out the issue?

2 hours ago, nex said:

I don't think my joystick or throttle were the problem. I tried different axis on different hardware throttles, none worked. Even the keyboard command for throttling up didn't work, so I don't think it was a hardware problem. If this happens again, what can I do or test to help you figure out the issue?

Are you running XP 11.30+ with experimental model on? If so, try with off.

I can't see anything problematic in the log files, and I can't see any obvious reason.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:59 PM, airfighter said:

Are you running XP 11.30+ with experimental model on? If so, try with off.

I can't see anything problematic in the log files, and I can't see any obvious reason.

I'm running XP 11.31r1. Experimental model is off.

My particular issue didn't occur again so far. But I did some more testing. When I pitch up or down too quickly, engines fail pretty quickly due to high G-forces, starting to burn and completely shutting down. Even "fixing all systems" doesn't help then, so I have to start a new flight in these cases.

I'm not sure that pitching up or down led to my original issue. During this I didn't see any fire and didn't get an XP failure message (too high G forces or similar).

Maybe in the future you can set the G-force limits higher for your plane. Just to be on the safe side, I disabled "Remove flying surfaces when over speed or over G limits" and didn't have any problems since then.

Anyways, thanks for caring and answering and all the work you put in this fantastic plane!

Edited by nex

On 2/18/2019 at 1:37 PM, nex said:

I'm running XP 11.31r1. Experimental model is off.

My particular issue didn't occur again so far. But I did some more testing. When I pitch up or down too quickly, engines fail pretty quickly due to high G-forces, starting to burn and completely shutting down. Even "fixing all systems" doesn't help then, so I have to start a new flight in these cases.

I'm not sure that pitching up or down led to my original issue. During this I didn't see any fire and didn't get an XP failure message (too high G forces or similar).

Maybe in the future you can set the G-force limits higher for your plane. Just to be on the safe side, I disabled "Remove flying surfaces when over speed or over G limits" and didn't have any problems since then.

Anyways, thanks for caring and answering and all the work you put in this fantastic plane!

Definitely the whole flight model needs some work to be modernized to XP11.30 standards, which, unfortunately, is something that I do not have. Hopefully in the near future be able to tackle this.

• Like 1

A short update. Working now with SimVRlabs to adapt Avanti with VR. A few things are remaining to be ironed out, before ready. With that opportunity, all manipulators have been reworked, specially the throttles, condition levers, and flaps. Now they have a "gated" fill, which means that they will "stick" a bit in the various positions.

Also I have remapped the whole exterior of the plane to allow for easier painting, which means that the old liveries won't work. I will try to do, except a white basic, another one maybe, and then hopefully the community could jump in  to do more.

In conclusion, a new version (2.2) is on the horizon.

Hey guys, v2.2.0.VR is now available!

CHANGELOG

- VR compatible in collaboration with SimVRLabs. 
- New outside mapping. Incuded 1 basic (white) texture and the XB-KSW.
- Includes previous fixes.
- Initial Avitab implementation on MFD (3rd page). No "touch" controls yet.
- New manipulators, due to compatibility with VR.
- Manipulators for Flaps, Condition Levers, and Throttles with detends. 

Here you are:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/1081-p180-avanti-ii/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are there any USA liveries for this model?  I've not seen anything ever.

Additionally I'm getting an error or a few of them on startup - the avionics won't turn on.  This is with the latest XP11.30 (latest beta), Windows 7 x64.

Here's a snapshot of what I see plus my Log file

Log.zip

avantierror1.jpg

Edited by ryanbatc
attaching files

15 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Are there any USA liveries for this model?  I've not seen anything ever.

Additionally I'm getting an error or a few of them on startup - the avionics won't turn on.  This is with the latest XP11.30 (latest beta), Windows 7 x64.

Here's a snapshot of what I see plus my Log file

Log.zip

Oh that's a bummer from my side. I'm about to add Avitab, I added some code, but didn't add any check if the plugin exists or not. You can download the Avitab directly from here: https://github.com/fpw/avitab/releases, and install it, until I add the fix.

Do you have any livery in mind? I'll try to find some time to do one.

EDIT: Is this ok for you?

91066_1526429530.jpg

Edited by airfighter

Sure that seems nice.  Are you saying that because I don't have AviTab, my ProLine avionics won't turn on?  EDIT:  Ok yeah that worked!  Just a minor feedback.  the EHSI needle (the green needle for FMS) should be in front of pilot and the route on the glass would normally be on the MFD screen to the right -so they are reversed

hsi.jpg

Edited by ryanbatc

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Sure that seems nice.  Are you saying that because I don't have AviTab, my ProLine avionics won't turn on?  EDIT:  Ok yeah that worked!  Just a minor feedback.  the EHSI needle (the green needle for FMS) should be in front of pilot and the route on the glass would normally be on the MFD screen to the right -so they are reversed

hsi.jpg

Should not require Avitab, but because of my fault it does, which will be fixed soon. Also I will add the needle on the PFD too.

Edited by airfighter
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 11:53 AM, airfighter said:

Should not require Avitab, but because of my fault it does, which will be fixed soon. Also I will add the needle on the PFD too.

Very cool!  Have you considered a payware Avanti ?  I think it would do well!  It's such a neat plane!

9 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Very cool!  Have you considered a payware Avanti ?  I think it would do well!  It's such a neat plane!

36 minutes ago, marpilot said:

It is based on default XP9 plane so no way ( good for us).

No. Avanti will always be free, and I'll do my best in any free time I have, to do it better. I do have, at least for the next 2-3 years involvement in other projects, like DC-9, which put this out of question. 

I would be glad if there is anyone, who would have knowledge in certain areas, to get involved and help me with the Avanti.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

first of all, thanks a lot for this great plane !
Unfortunately I have some problems on Linux. I installed the plane with the installer for windows through Wine. Then I deleted the folder with the aircraft and put the newest one in. When I load the plane I have no engine instruments, Throttle is not moving (and some buttons too) and avitab is in the middle instrument.
When I do " objdump -p lin.xpl " in the Gizmo plugin folder I get the error " File format not recognized "
And the cockpit is kind of greyish, but I am not sure if that has something to do with it.

I am using Linux Mint 18.3

Bildschirmfoto zu 2019-04-10 14-17-55.jpg

37 minutes ago, Rebo2000 said:

Hi there,

first of all, thanks a lot for this great plane !
Unfortunately I have some problems on Linux. I installed the plane with the installer for windows through Wine. Then I deleted the folder with the aircraft and put the newest one in. When I load the plane I have no engine instruments, Throttle is not moving (and some buttons too) and avitab is in the middle instrument.
When I do " objdump -p lin.xpl " in the Gizmo plugin folder I get the error " File format not recognized "
And the cockpit is kind of greyish, but I am not sure if that has something to do with it.

I am using Linux Mint 18.3

Bildschirmfoto zu 2019-04-10 14-17-55.jpg

Gizmo is not available for Linux.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

I understand painting takes a lot of time... were you able to upload that paint at all?

I started some work on this one, but hadn't much time and pass it to a friend of mine. But I had some hard drive failure, and I'm rebuilding my system back now, and haven't being much in touch with anyone in the internet "realm". Might be ready (or not). As soon as I'm back online, I will let to you know.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, airfighter said:

I started some work on this one, but hadn't much time and pass it to a friend of mine. But I had some hard drive failure, and I'm rebuilding my system back now, and haven't being much in touch with anyone in the internet "realm". Might be ready (or not). As soon as I'm back online, I will let to you know.

Oh my goodness, were you able to save your data??  Sorry that happened to you!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Oh my goodness, were you able to save your data??  Sorry that happened to you!

Thanks for the interest! I always keep backups both locally and in the cloud. Most hassle is download/install/setup all apps I'm using, to be as I want them to serve my workflow.

• 1 month later...

Trying to install your great aircraft as recommended on the download page, but the installer says:

Unable to download component Piaggio P.180 Avanti: Component file version does not match. 

I hit retry, but it does the same thing. Any help?

See below.

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 1.40.48 AM.png

@gadonate
This is Mac OS X right? What version? Do you have purchased any X-Aviation product, and Gizmo,plugin is in your X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder?

Mac OS X Mojave, latest version.

I do not have any X Aviation product, hence why I did as the download page said to download both the installer and the latest version.

No Gizmo plug-in in the folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, gadonate said:

Mac OS X Mojave, latest version.

I do not have any X Aviation product, hence why I did as the download page said to download both the installer and the latest version.

No Gizmo plug-in in the folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that has something to do with server settings, probably must be addressed from X-Aviation side. By the end of FlightSim Expo, I will inform @Cameron to have a look at this one.