P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

On 10/13/2017 at 12:22 AM, mac2 said:

Liking the P180 but have 2 issues:

1)Getting lots of crackling sound?how can I improve this?

2)Getting very bad FPS in the cockpit?

Just downloaded the aircraft and it is amazing! Many thanks airfighter! 

I am having the same problem with cracking sounds, however. I know the above is an old post but is there a fix? Couldn't find anything in the forum...

Cheers!

Just now, JhonnyBravo said:

According to AOM we can cruise at 1800 RPM.
FL300 1800RPM passing KIAS 230 the RPM start increasing to 2000.
Let me know. Tkx

First of all, at cruise you can set the props speed between 1800 and 2000 rpm. You don't HAVE to set it at 1800.

Second, the aircraft is capable flying under the conditions you pointed, nicely and steady. Here at 230 KIAS, FL300 and prop rpm very close to 1800.

1508879595_avanti-2020-02-2210_10_50.thumb.png.f8e5ec7e5f4ef93f8046aee2283fad0b.png

On 2/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, S3rg1o said:

What beta mode are you talking about?

Prop Beta Mode, you can find it under keyboard commands. I use the "/" to turn it on & off, once on you can then use your throttles to increase the pitch angle and slow down the aircraft without using brakes or reversers. It was great to see it modeled, some payware turboprops do not even have this real world feature so it was great to see it here.

1 hour ago, deltapilot90 said:

Prop Beta Mode, you can find it under keyboard commands. I use the "/" to turn it on & off, once on you can then use your throttles to increase the pitch angle and slow down the aircraft without using brakes or reversers. It was great to see it modeled, some payware turboprops do not even have this real world feature so it was great to see it here.

The beta mode in the Avanti is a bit different, and referred as reverse thrust. To operate it, if you have selected in the tablet the VR/mouse option, then you drag the throttles back of the idle position. You'll see the 'REV" indications inside the torque indicators. If you use hardware throttle, you need to assign a button/keyboard command "Toggle Reverse" to activate, and then use the throttle to control the amount of reverse thrust you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, the attached images says it all. I installed the a/c twice and keep getting the same error message. Also, and I assume it has to do with the error, the Terrain/WXR selector does not appear on my PFD/MFD like the image included on your discussion (Piaggio 1.jpg).

Any suggestion on how to correct this?

Piaggio.JPG

Piaggio 1.JPG

1 hour ago, JAG!007 said:

Hello, the attached images says it all. I installed the a/c twice and keep getting the same error message. Also, and I assume it has to do with the error, the Terrain/WXR selector does not appear on my PFD/MFD like the image included on your discussion (Piaggio 1.jpg).

Any suggestion on how to correct this?

Have you installed Terrain Radar plugin?  Make sure that is installed. The current version is 1.19 and Avanti requires at least  version 1.18 to work. 

If you have installed already recent version of Terrain Radar: 

• Do a Gizmo reset, and watch if will appear.

GizmoTray_reset.png.5249386a41024f6f65e45f9267101664.png

• Post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files for debugging.

6 hours ago, JAG!007 said:

Now, what special step do I have to take for the librain effect to take place? Right now the rain is just the default xplane effect. 

Thank you. 

I don't understand what you mean. You don't have to do nothing...when it rains, you'll see rain, line the image. There is no default X-Plane rain effect.

367097928_avanti-2020-03-1704_09_43.thumb.png.128f09d8168ac00c4924a99b6f8e43e3.png

57 minutes ago, luigidavicini said:

I installed the P180 avanti aircraft from the link http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/1081-p180-avanti-ii/ but as I start the plane some switches don't work and when I move the thrust levers in my quadrant they do not move in the aircraft, what can I do to fix this?

thanks

If you read the description of that file says:

If you don't have Gizmo already installed in your X-Plane copy, there is an version of Gizmo in the folder extra files. Put the Gizmo.plugin folder in you X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder.

If you already have Gizmo, DO NOT SUBSTITUTE the existing one with this. MIGHT BREAK OTHER GIZMO ADDONS!!!

DO that!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Paulo Sobreira said:

When I use VNAV for descend the plane engage an autothrottle and I can't disengage it even clicking VNAV again. Sometimes disengage when I click FLC.

I notice once that an autopilot bug causing LNAV or HDG did not engage had reload model.

Don't use VNAV for now, until find time to do a fix. For unknown reasons it is tied to the autothrottle, which Avanti has not. There is a trick to use VNAV, if you don't care having autothrottle. Go to VNAV pages (climb. cruise, descend) and set speeds normal for Avanti, ie smaller or equal to 250 knots. If you want to disengage VNAV, momentary disconnect autopilot, and reconnect it. 

3 hours ago, h2bmess said:

extracted the aircraft to aircraft folder, and added gizmo64.plugin to plugins folder, however airplane is not showing up for me? 

Gizmo.plugin folder must go to X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder. Also post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this aircraft! Just installed and starting yo know how to use it.

There is the posibility of hiding the yokes?

Any liveries repository?

Thanks again for all, great aircraft!

Edited by JCP
Problem solved

44 minutes ago, JCP said:

Thanks for this aircraft! Just installed and starting yo know how to use it.

There is the posibility of hiding the yokes?

Any liveries repository?

Thanks again for all, great aircraft!

Thank you!

To hide the yoke, there is a click spot on a screw at the top-left corner of the PFD. I have a couple liveries included, and a paintkit, if someone wants to create one.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:06 PM, airfighter said:

Thank you!

To hide the yoke, there is a click spot on a screw at the top-left corner of the PFD. I have a couple liveries included, and a paintkit, if someone wants to create one.

I made two flight and simply astonishing aircraft!
I hace intention to do some repaints as soon I can.

I´ve seen a lo quality light underneath the aircraft, i dont know if its any misconfig by myself.

Any documentation about, flight planning (optimun FL, fuel req, etc)

Edited by JCP
  • Upvote 1