P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

@airfighter

First of all I would like to congratulate for your work, it came out a nice aircraft.
I like how you build the Proline avionics with the V speed and green dot for manouvers speed. Nice flight model and modeling.
Personally I have only a suggestion for the next updates regarding the engine performance. PT6 for this a/c is not well setup according with the real AFM. Let's say is totally unreal.

I have a problem with the Prop RPM as well, when is in high speed. A normal cruise is at 1800 and when the IAS is more then 210 kt the RPM is increasing from 1800 to red 2100. Is not stable at 1800.
I tryed to work on plane maker to fix some of this issues but I don't heave to much experience on it.
Are you planing to fix this problem with the engine?

Tkx again for this a/c.

Regards
Alex

Inviato dal mio CLT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JhonnyBravo said:

@airfighter

First of all I would like to congratulate for your work, it came out a nice aircraft.
I like how you build the Proline avionics with the V speed and green dot for manouvers speed. Nice flight model and modeling.
Personally I have only a suggestion for the next updates regarding the engine performance. PT6 for this a/c is not well setup according with the real AFM. Let's say is totally unreal.

I have a problem with the Prop RPM as well, when is in high speed. A normal cruise is at 1800 and when the IAS is more then 210 kt the RPM is increasing from 1800 to red 2100. Is not stable at 1800.
I tryed to work on plane maker to fix some of this issues but I don't heave to much experience on it.
Are you planing to fix this problem with the engine?

Tkx again for this a/c.

Regards
Alex

Inviato dal mio CLT-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for you kind words!

The engine problem is know for sometime know, due to changes in X-Plane's engine simulation. Avanti's  PT-6s are very similar to Austin Meyer's, which have gone a lot of improvements over the last iterations of X-Plane, which I didn't have enough time to follow.

I think that I might be able to do a small research in the next couple weeks, and might be able to adjust it a bit better. I wish there was someone with Planemaker knowledge to help. 

THIS IS AN OPEN INVITATION to anyone who would like to contribute into this project, in terms of Flight Model and 3D graphics!

For now, this phenomenon is happening when you go above M.62. Try to remain around M.60 to M.61 and would be OK. This is a small compromise needed for now, until fix the problem.

Regards

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I think that has something to do with server settings, probably must be addressed from X-Aviation side. By the end of FlightSim Expo, I will inform [mention=196]Cameron[/mention] to have a look at this one.

Any update? Looking forward to fly this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

***** Throttles not moving, showing green Box, Displays not turning on.

-*** Issue resolved, Had to make sure Avitab was in the root of the plugins fold and named just Avitab.

My throttles and prop control dont want to move. They just create little green boxes over them in VR. I am sure its something I am missing or doing wrong with the install, Also the displays stay dark and dont turn on when i hit the battery. I have been working on it for a few hours because l.

Thanks for all your work on this mod, best plane in the game for xplane VR.

Edited by forefarley

1 hour ago, gadonate said:

This did not help at all.

Still gives the same message. 

Don't use the installer. Download the aircraft from here:

Choose this option only:

avantiDL.thumb.jpg.d6fe61144e9dff348db33e72ead737b7.jpg

Unzip the plane into your Aircraft folder. Then, put the folder Gizmo.plugin into your X-Plane/Resources/plugins folder.

You should be good to go. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

You can download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5t0kulzilna951/Aegean Airlines - PAINTKIT.zip?dl=0

It is a livery I have made myself, edit as you like. Includes .psd and .xcf files

• 1 month later...

Hi,

thanks for the work, it looks gorgeous. But when I installed it the first time, the screens in the cabin were grey (no reflection) and the screens wouldn't even turn on.  Now I reinstalled and they have this constant reflection, regardless of the aircraft's position, however they do turn on.

I followed your steps for installation (Install p180, then take the updated folder and drop it in /aircraft/), but in case that was wrong, I also tried: Install p180, then take the updated folder, change its name to the one that I just installed, and overwrite the original one in the folder /X-Aviation/, but that didn't seem to fix the screens.

Thanks in advance,

Lorenz Reuter.

p180 reflections.jpg

Edited by LorenzReuter

2 hours ago, LorenzReuter said:

Hi,

thanks for the work, it looks gorgeous. But when I installed it the first time, the screens in the cabin were grey (no reflection) and the screens wouldn't even turn on.  Now I reinstalled and they have this constant reflection, regardless of the aircraft's position, however they do turn on.

I followed your steps for installation (Install p180, then take the updated folder and drop it in /aircraft/), but in case that was wrong, I also tried: Install p180, then take the updated folder, change its name to the one that I just installed, and overwrite the original one in the folder /X-Aviation/, but that didn't seem to fix the screens.

Thanks in advance,

Lorenz Reuter.

When you click the download button, you'll see 2 files. The installer (P180_Avanti_Installer.zip) will install and older version of the Avanti and the Gizmo plugin in your resources/plugins folder. You need the installer only if you have not already Gizmo installed in your plugins folder.

The latest version of the aircraft is on the second file P180_Avanti_II.zip

If you use the installer, then go to Aircrafts/X-Aviation folder and delete the Avanti completely. Then drop in the unzipped P180_Avanti_II folder and you should be OK.

If you still have problems, please post Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files here.

Thanks for the quick answer! I followed what you told me to the milimeter several times, even trying all possible variables you could've meant, but no, I only see the grey screens now (even though in the screenshot it isn't activated, the attitude indicator does work).

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

grey screens.png

Edited by LorenzReuter

2 hours ago, LorenzReuter said:

Thanks for the quick answer! I followed what you told me to the milimeter several times, even trying all possible variables you could've meant, but no, I only see the grey screens now (even though in the screenshot it isn't activated, the attitude indicator does work).

Oh yeah... I was experiment with Avitab, and I left in the code a requirement to have the Avitab installed. For now you must have installed it to work. You can get it from here:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/44825-avitab-vr-compatible-tablet-with-pdf-viewer-moving-maps-and-more/

A fix is coming "soon", with a few additions.

• Upvote 1

Again thanks for the swift answer even though this is freeware.

So the good news is that the error message is gone, however the screens still seem to malfunction :( Now I can see unfinished parts of what the screen is supposed to be, and after a while the compass in the bottom of several screens rotates in identical constant speeds, even though the aircraft is not moving at all.

greey screens v2.png

Edited by LorenzReuter

36 minutes ago, LorenzReuter said:

Again thanks for the swift answer even though this is freeware.

So the good news is that the error message is gone, however the screens still seem to malfunction :( Now I can see unfinished parts of what the screen is supposed to be, and after a while the compass in the bottom of several screens rotates in identical constant speeds, even though the aircraft is not moving at all.

The AHARS system is getting ready (aligned). Be patient. Everything will work fine after couple minutes.

• 1 month later...

I found a small gap to push another update for Avanti. A few things I have on works for sometime now. 

1. Flight Model
With the latest updates, the FM has left behind, with some weird behavior, specially in the high speed region, where propellers were accelerated well above the 2000 RPM limit, when cruising close and higher than M.60. Now this is fixed and you can happily fly up to the Mach limit (M.67) with no problems. Also The propeller control now is very accurate. You can reduce the RPM for cruise easily down to minimum of 1800 RPM.

175752113_avanti-2019-10-2012_11_31.thumb.png.8662c0769162c2159e73e4939756994f.png

2. Terrain Radar
In cooperation with DrGluck, the terrain radar will be added, in a way close to how operates in the real aircraft. The terrain button in each display (PFD, MFD) will cycle through weather radar, terrain radar, and off. You can have the terrain radar On PFD, MFD, and on both. But if you select the weather radar in any display, the weather radar has priority over the terrain, and will be displayed instead of the terrain. Going off weather radar, will restore previous status.
19570631_avanti-2019-10-2012_36_27.thumb.png.e32378128d8d100dc3cbf311ba22aec2.png

3. Tablet
I added a huge tablet (the size of a "Pro" model!) where you can add passengers and fuel, as well have full access to Avitab. But there is a catch! You can add passenger and fuel while engines are running! So take care to do it before start any of the engines!

1003792752_avanti-2019-10-2012_47_09.thumb.png.c7ce11e566b9674fbcdf993906dd77f2.png1387317860_avanti-2019-10-2012_47_13.thumb.png.1905157234db65e1562e708d78d4cd30.png1876484308_avanti-2019-10-2012_47_44.thumb.png.75ef281c49eb330f2505c779ef37dcdc.png

At the end I would like to ask you if you want to show your appreciation and support this project, please donate here: Paypal

Thanks a lot for your support, and enjoy the Avanti... In the next few days will be available to you!

Edited by airfighter
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

I've just recently discovered this one, and I'd love to fly it, but I'm having a whole host of issues:

-Battery + Avionics switch to on, waiting several minutes, MFD's not coming up.

-Unable to manipulate throttles with my bound HOTAS Warthog controls (same setup works for every other turboprop plane I have)

-Unable to manipulate condition levers with click and drag

-Engines aren't starting.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

19 minutes ago, NavyNuke99 said:

Good evening,

I've just recently discovered this one, and I'd love to fly it, but I'm having a whole host of issues:

-Battery + Avionics switch to on, waiting several minutes, MFD's not coming up.

-Unable to manipulate throttles with my bound HOTAS Warthog controls (same setup works for every other turboprop plane I have)

-Unable to manipulate condition levers with click and drag

-Engines aren't starting.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Make sure that BUS DISC switch is to NORM. This connect power from the battery to the bus feeding the MFD.

Re: Throttles and Condition Levers. Known problem will be solved in the next release. For now, create a separate prifole for Avanti, and set 1 axis for both throttles, and none for condition levers.

To start the engines you must have electrical power, firewall switch on (red), fuel pump on. Then start switch on. At ~14% NG, condition lever at feather. 

On 10/20/2019 at 12:15 PM, airfighter said:

I found a small gap to push another update for Avanti. A few things I have on works for sometime now. 

1. Flight Model
With the latest updates, the FM has left behind, with some weird behavior, specially in the high speed region, where propellers were accelerated well above the 2000 RPM limit, when cruising close and higher than M.60. Now this is fixed and you can happily fly up to the Mach limit (M.67) with no problems. Also The propeller control now is very accurate. You can reduce the RPM for cruise easily down to minimum of 1800 RPM.

175752113_avanti-2019-10-2012_11_31.thumb.png.8662c0769162c2159e73e4939756994f.png

2. Terrain Radar
In cooperation with DrGluck, the terrain radar will be added, in a way close to how operates in the real aircraft. The terrain button in each display (PFD, MFD) will cycle through weather radar, terrain radar, and off. You can have the terrain radar On PFD, MFD, and on both. But if you select the weather radar in any display, the weather radar has priority over the terrain, and will be displayed instead of the terrain. Going off weather radar, will restore previous status.
19570631_avanti-2019-10-2012_36_27.thumb.png.e32378128d8d100dc3cbf311ba22aec2.png

3. Tablet
I added a huge tablet (the size of a "Pro" model!) where you can add passengers and fuel, as well have full access to Avitab. But there is a catch! You can add passenger and fuel while engines are running! So take care to do it before start any of the engines!

1003792752_avanti-2019-10-2012_47_09.thumb.png.c7ce11e566b9674fbcdf993906dd77f2.png1387317860_avanti-2019-10-2012_47_13.thumb.png.1905157234db65e1562e708d78d4cd30.png1876484308_avanti-2019-10-2012_47_44.thumb.png.75ef281c49eb330f2505c779ef37dcdc.png

At the end I would like to ask you if you want to show your appreciation and support this project, please donate here: Paypal

Thanks a lot for your support, and enjoy the Avanti... In the next few days will be available to you!

Kalispera Ilias,

the above update it was already release with 2.2.0 VR?

Many thanks for ur nice work.

Cheers