P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 6:31 PM, airfighter said:

Known bug: If you enter the flight plan, before the departure (at least you must enter the runway), you will get soft crash when hit EXEC.

For now, please start with the departure first and then enter the rest of the flight plan.

I just uploaded the fix for this situation.

If you haven't downloaded the latest version (v2.1.1), download the full version (P180_Avanti_II.zip) and you are good to go.

If have downloaded the latest version (released on Friday November 23th), download only the v2_1_1_rc1.zip file, and replace the scripts folder inside Avanti's folder.

(NOTE: the files might be for sometime unavailable due to upload. Please try again a bit later).

Ilias,

Absolutely loving the aircraft. I'm new(ish) to X-Plane and after purchasing a few aircraft that were on-sale for Black Friday, I'm finding that I'm preferring to fly your aircraft instead!

I had a question, though, as I'm still figuring out the features of the built-in FMS. I'm coming over from P3D where I've grown accustomed to the GTN 750. Although it probably won't slot in via the 3D cockpit, if I were to purchase the RealityXP GTN 750 would it interface with your aircraft (at least via a pop-up)?

I understand it to work in place of the default GPS which I also understand the FMS to reference. So the FMS flight path would be the GTN's GPS flight path.

Thoughts?

Thank you for bringing this really exceptional aircraft to us, by the way.

- Jason

6 hours ago, softreset said:

Ilias,

Absolutely loving the aircraft. I'm new(ish) to X-Plane and after purchasing a few aircraft that were on-sale for Black Friday, I'm finding that I'm preferring to fly your aircraft instead!

I had a question, though, as I'm still figuring out the features of the built-in FMS. I'm coming over from P3D where I've grown accustomed to the GTN 750. Although it probably won't slot in via the 3D cockpit, if I were to purchase the RealityXP GTN 750 would it interface with your aircraft (at least via a pop-up)?

I understand it to work in place of the default GPS which I also understand the FMS to reference. So the FMS flight path would be the GTN's GPS flight path.

Thoughts?

Thank you for bringing this really exceptional aircraft to us, by the way.

- Jason

Thanks for you kind words Jason!

I have no experience with the RXP GTNs, but reading the manual I assume that you can use the pop up mode, and the Avanti will follow the flight plan, if as NAV/BRG source has been selected the FMS.

What I don't now is how interacts with X-Plane internal flight plan mechanism, cause I am interrogating it to extract some data. If writes the waypoints into X-Plane's flight plan, I believe it  will be ok, otherwise (use an external method) might not be compatible. 

In any case, I am not suggesting to purchase the GTN750 just to use it with the Avanti. If you do purchase it for another aircraft, then we can see if can be used in the Avanti. If requires any kind of small adaptation, might be possible to work it out, but won't be "integrated" into the Avanti.

My target is with every update to get closer to the simulation of Rockwell/Collins Proline 21 avionics suite, as used in the Avanti.  

Ilias - My pleasure!

Noted on the GTN. There are several planes that I have which support it natively, so I'll keep that in mind. The current avionics system is great, easy to use and easy to read.

This evening I finally did a flight up in the higher flight levels (a lot of short hops getting familiar with it) and discovered the X-Plane feature of hypoxia. See attached screenshot. I'm at FL250 and the cabin pressure knob can go no further to the right to increase the altitude. Am I missing something?

cabin_pressure.png

@softreset
From cold and dark state, there are two bleed air switches behind pilot's yoke that are off and must turned on, after engines start.
The pressurization system is not fully simulated, yet. The only operational knob, is to set the desired cabin altitude, and the "system" will automatically control the rest...if the bleed air switches are on, of course!