P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

3 hours ago, airfighter said:

The aircraft is fully compatible with the latest X-Plane version, 11.20b2.

Hi Tselios, I'm confused. I don't see a new version out there. Isn't V 2.1 still the latest?

Thanks for the great aircraft!

Kor

On 1/15/2018 at 5:09 AM, airfighter said:

I agree, though the Avanti I is quite similar as flight machine with Avanti II, but the cockpit differences are substantial to differentiate the operations quite a bit. 

I hear you Ilias. I sure wish the Avanti II POH was available. And I can imagine the cockpit differences are substantial, as you say. I believe they upgraded the avionics. Are you still intending to update to the EVO someday.

• 3 weeks later...

When I apply the 1.2.1 upgrade I get the following error:

from Log.txt

0:01:52.806 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:01:52.806 E/SYS: | Trying to create a texture either less than 1 or greater than the hw size!
0:01:52.806 E/SYS: | fbo-panel texture 1-fbo
0:01:52.806 E/SYS: | value:
0:01:52.806 E/SYS: | -2048
0:01:52.806 E/SYS: | (TEX_obj.cpp:64)
0:01:52.806 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried reinstalling the original release then applying the upgrade, over writing existing files, but still got the same error.

I'm running in full screen mode with a resolution of 1920x1080.

Suggestions??

@tcrop

If I understood correctly, you are not using the current version of the Avanti, but an old one... this one: 

This version is very old, last update was almost before 5 years, and probably will not work with XP11. I'm not supporting it any more. There is a new version here, for XP11:

Keep in mind that, if you are running Linux, the latest version will not work either, since there is no Gizmo support for Linux. 

• 1 month later...

Hello Captains!

In some crevices of my free time, I'm pushing a few improvements for the upcoming Avanti update. 

As an example, there is now a fully working PREFS page on the PFD, where you can set the various V-speeds, which will be displayed next to speed tape (need some work here in graphical department), and also baro/radar altitude minimums.

avanti_23.png

On the MFD, when FMS is selected as HSI source, then a PROGRESS-like page will be displayed, showing the previous waypoint with distance and time we passed it), then next 2 waypoints, with distances, ETE (time to reach the waypoint), and ETA (what time will be on the waypoint), and the final destination with distance, ETE, ETA, fuel quantity at landing, and gross weight at landing.

Just keep in mind that currently those calculations are base on instant values (speed, fuel flow, etc), which might show some strange results (like during climb you might see negative fuel quantity because of high fuel flow on climb). I'm planning to implement a "typical" flight profile to have better prediction values, but I'm not sure if I will have it ready for the next update.

avanti_24.png

Enjoy!

Edited by airfighter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning,
I have downloaded the updated file via the link in page 6 (P.180 Avanti II version 2.1.0) but I have the following message when I select the Avanti (see the attached file)
I use X-Plane V11.21r2
Thank you by advance for your help
Best regards
Pierre

Avanti_Error.JPG

3 hours ago, Pierdail said:

Good morning,
I have downloaded the updated file via the link in page 6 (P.180 Avanti II version 2.1.0) but I have the following message when I select the Avanti (see the attached file)
I use X-Plane V11.21r2
Thank you by advance for your help
Best regards
Pierre

Avanti_Error.JPG

Hello Pierre,

I'm not sure that the cause is the Avanti. Please attach your full Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt, to investigate further.

Regards

By looking in both files, I found that you are not running the current Avanti, but a previous (very old and not supported any more) version that is not compatible with XP11.

The old plane was using SASL. The current one uses Gizmo. Here is a part of your log.txt, showing SASL loading.

1792461934_ScreenShot2018-06-05at20_45_03.png.beef0d404045093e6e82a1c765d20de5.png

You probably have more than 1 Avantis in your system. I suggest to remove the old one, or all Avantis you might have in your Aircraft's folder and install the one in this link: 

Regards

Good morning Elias,

Thank you for your prompt reply, I have downloaded the file and installed, the Avanti run perfect with this file.
I have a question, is this possible to change the texture on the Proline screen, to make the screen black when off, as picture
The zone in the upper left corner of the PFD for mask the control does not exist in this version, normal or not
Regards
Pierre

DSC_0001.png

Edited by Pierdail

• 2 weeks later...

Working on the next (2.1.1) update.

This update will included:
1. PFD

• - Revamped PFD with accurate placement of each element.
  • - REFS menu to set various values (take off or landing speeds, minimum altitudes) or settings (FD cues, baro system, metric altitude, etc).
  • - New airspeed tape that includes markers for all various speeds (VR, VRef, VT, flaps, etc).

2. MFD

• - Pressing FORMAT button goes to 2nd page with indications (electrical system, flaps, anti-ice, etc).
  • - When FMS is your nav source, a "progress page" will be displayed above the the map. Currently the calculation are based on instanced values, but in the future (next version probably) will be based on a standard flight profile.

3. FMS

• - I've built a new font to match as best as possible the actual Rockwell/Collins FMS 3000.
  • - Added a couple new pages (STATUS, POS INIT). For the actual navigation you will return/use the default XP11 FMS.

FMS will be implemented slowly, always having a fully working solution, while adding FMS 3000 specific features/layouts.

ETA for 2.1.1: I will probably wrap up what I have done so far and make it available "as soon as possible". Main concern at this point is to be a stable release, so you can enjoy it with no fuss!

Here are some samples:

avanti_64.png

avanti_65.png

avanti_66.png

avanti_67.png

avanti_68.png

avanti_69.png

avanti_70.png

avanti_71.png

avanti_72.png

avanti_73.png

• Like 3

Working on the last, last moment, feature for the next update. FMS Nav-to-Nav approaches.

In short, when you fly your flight plan, when you are close (~30NM) from the destination airport, the ILS for the landing RWY will be loaded and a blue double dashed arrow will show up in the PFD map. You will only have to press the approach button when you heading will be less than 90° off the RWY heading, and the aircraft will switch automatically to ILS APP mode, and execute the approach.

The magenta value above the AP target altitude, meant to show the next constrains altitude. Since at this point, I'm manipulating the default FMS, just shows the next waypoint's calculated or constrain altitude (if the next waypoint has a constrain altitude).

Also you might notice the bluish hue on the panel. Probably I will include same replacement textures with that blue hue, seen in many photos.

(The list on the left is just for debugging purposes).

If you are a facebook guy or gal, you can follow the news about the Avanti also at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/962230463948527/

avanti_77.png

• Like 1