P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

My OS is Linux however, I downloaded the windows installer and ran the install under wine thinking that a linux version was included.

But when ran it in X-Plane 11 several things in the cockpit (landing lights, flood light, throtle, etc.) did not work, so I asume this is not the linux version.

Is there a linux version available?

7 hours ago, tcrop said:

My OS is Linux however, I downloaded the windows installer and ran the install under wine thinking that a linux version was included.

But when ran it in X-Plane 11 several things in the cockpit (landing lights, flood light, throtle, etc.) did not work, so I asume this is not the linux version.

Is there a linux version available?

Does the Gizmo64.plugin exists in your Resources/plugins folder? If yes, inside the Gizmo64.plugin/64/ does a lin.xpl exists?

Hello @airfighter, i have a problem with the installer. It downloads the files very slow. Its only 4KB/s, it would take over 10 hours to download. I tried a restart and reconnenct to the internet, but it didnt help.

Maybe an issue with the x-aviation server at the moment? I will try again later!

Edited by Hovercat

2 hours ago, airfighter said:

Does the Gizmo64.plugin exists in your Resources/plugins folder? If yes, inside the Gizmo64.plugin/64/ does a lin.xpl exists?

Yes it is there.

Here are a few things not working properly:

Landing Lights and simular switches.

Nothing displayed in Radio Panel except grid lines.

Throttle in aircraft does no move when I move hardware throttle.

Over speed test, feather, L/R start, crossfeed, L/R FW valve, emer bus disconnect,  toggle switches.

Chronometer displays no digits.

Nothing on related to autopilot butons.

Other than that the plane flys really nicely.

Edited by tcrop

6 hours ago, tcrop said:

Yes it is there.

Here are a few things not working properly:

Landing Lights and simular switches.

Nothing displayed in Radio Panel except grid lines.

Throttle in aircraft does no move when I move hardware throttle.

Over speed test, feather, L/R start, crossfeed, L/R FW valve, emer bus disconnect,  toggle switches.

Chronometer displays no digits.

Nothing on related to autopilot butons.

Other than that the plane flys really nicely.

You are missing some libraries required in your Linux installation.

Go to the lin.xpl and open in terminal. Give the command

objdump -p lin.xpl

and you'll get the list with the required libraries. Use your synaptic manager to install them.

Edited by airfighter

8 hours ago, airfighter said:

You are missing some libraries required in your Linux installation.

Go to the lin.xpl and open in terminal. Give the command

objdump -p lin.xpl

and you'll get the list with the required libraries. Use your synaptic manager to install them.

I was missing  libcurl-nss.so.4

My disto, archlinux, did not have a package providing that lib.

I ended up downloading the debian package: libcurl3-nss (which provided the lib even though the package name does not imply it ).

Then used debtap to convert the package to an arch package and installed.

Things are now working, however I was suprised at the prompt to login to x-aviation. I did not realize I could just dismiss that and things would still work.

The Avanti is a very nice aircraft and flies great.

Thanks for all your hard work - you've done a beautiful job.

-Tim

I think i have found a small bug: When i manipulate the altitude wheel on the autopilot panel, it changes the displayed altitude on the pfd not corretly.

When you scroll up, it changes from 400ft to 1500ft, then at 1900ft to 1000ft again. It only shows when not using STD pressure and happens every 1000 ft...

Maybe you could incorporate the fix in your next update.

Everything else works flawlessly! Its a great airplane!

Thanks again!

10 hours ago, Hovercat said:

I think i have found a small bug: When i manipulate the altitude wheel on the autopilot panel, it changes the displayed altitude on the pfd not corretly.

When you scroll up, it changes from 400ft to 1500ft, then at 1900ft to 1000ft again. It only shows when not using STD pressure and happens every 1000 ft...

Maybe you could incorporate the fix in your next update.

Everything else works flawlessly! Its a great airplane!

Thanks again!

I will look at it again. One of the beta tester report something similar and I was not able to reproduce it.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, marpilot said:

Hi,

good to have this extraordinary plane in XP11 :)

Is there a way to declutter map - to reduce info, like hide fixes to see only airports?

Will there be FMOD sound in near future?

Thanks

Declutter map: Currently no, but will come with the next update.

FMOD is at works right now.

32 minutes ago, OzWookiee said:

Hey there airfighter, thanks for the Avanti! However I could not turn on the AP in XP11 and couldn't get the engines to run up from cold and dark.

Is there a manual somewhere as it's not in the aircraft folder.

We have sent through the email you gave us a checklist.

Hello,

I wish to know how to set up my joistick to have a good control of the plane, as sensitivity and null zones, because i just noticed that the airplanes especially when on the ground during take off and after landing, with the rudder control is over responding, deviating a lot from the center line with just a small action on the rudder (small rudder correction with joistick means a big answer from the plane deviation) little bit hard to control. 

So how can I improve my joistick settings, actually i'm using the Speedlink Black Widow joistick.

Thanks a lot for the support,

have a nice flights.

Andrea

Andrea,

Avanti is a relative lightweight and more "agile" aircraft when compared with a typical airliner, ie B738, so might "feel" harder to control. Do a test. Fly the Avanti and then the default King Air (C90), since they have a relative similar size. At least for me the response is almost identical in both aircrafts.

Beyond that, even Avanti and King Air have small differences, and with the new XP11.10 the ability to setup per aircraft controls configuration is very helpful. Said that, and given that due to Austin fine tuning the engine simulation from his PT6 engine, almost the same with the Avanti engines, when 11.10 goes final, we will revisit the flight model to do some adjustments, including flight controls response.

Regards

3 hours ago, marpilot said:

When you accelerate for take-off the IAS shows "58,59,50,51....59,60,61.....68,69,60,61,....68,69,70,71.....78,79,70,71,72.....78,79,80....etc.."

Is that clear now, what I meant?

:)

There is a moment during the transition from ie, 59 to 60 that look like is going ....59 50 60 61 62.... This is due to that the 10ths digit is not rolling but "digital", so until the speed reach 50.5 shows "5", and then changes to "6". If this is the one, yes it needs fixing.

• Upvote 1