Can't rotate knobs anymore

ReinBijlsma

After installing the v1.2 version in x-plane 11 I can't rotate many knobs, like altitude, anymore. I can see the bend arrows sometimes when hovering over the knobs or according digits, but nothing happens whatever I try. 
I tried switching from windowed mode to full screen mode without results, reinstalled the plane, still nothing. 
I'm running X-plane on a 4K monitor with 3840x 2160 setting. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by Morten

Hi,

first time I have heard of that problem. We don´t really have any "bend arrows" in our cockpit - you manipulate the knobs by moving the cursor until it turns into a little hand, then click to "grab", then move the mouse while holding down the clicked button.

There are some instances where the default-style "turn arrows" of the old 2D cockpit we used to have "bleed through" (I don´t know why), but they don´t have any function.

Cheers, Jan

22 hours ago, iGoApp said:

This is a problem with the 4K resolution. I had exactly the same problem and had to give up on it. Set it back to 1080p and it will work just fine. We are not there yet with UHD...

I guess it's 4K related indeed. It happens with the Jar Design planes as well, but not with the B767 from FF.  
Given the fact that the iXEG 737 is not the cheapest add on and that many users do use 4K monitors now, there should be a fix for this. It's not workable to revert back to 1080P

4 hours ago, ReinBijlsma said:

I guess it's 4K related indeed. It happens with the Jar Design planes as well, but not with the B767 from FF.  
Given the fact that the iXEG 737 is not the cheapest add on and that many users do use 4K monitors now, there should be a fix for this. It's not workable to revert back to 1080P

A 4K display is on my hardware wishlist.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Litjan said:

I run on a 4K monitor - and the knobs work fine. I do run in windowed mode, fairly big, though.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan, I did test that as well, reinstalled the plane, but still not working. I wonder if there's a config-setting in the X-plane directory where I can change screen-settings manually

Hi Jan,

i'm a little bit surprised ,that it works with a GTX 970 4GB (3840x2160 + 1600*1200)
do you have HD Mesh Scenery v3 and a weather addon installed? 
Are the 4GB not always on limit?

i have a Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1070-O8G Gaming with a

DELL u3011 30" 2560*1600
LG L22WTP 22"  1680*1050

also as a "Windowed simulator" and my second monitor is set to "unused"
average FPS between 20-35
HD Mesh Scenery v3 and xEnviro installed
most of the time are 6 from 8GB Graphicram used

would you say there is a chance that i can run 4KMonitor together with my LG L22WTP 22"

• 10 months later...

Little unearthing post :rolleyes:

I just install my new baby ue50hu6900s

First run in UHD and same issu with knob in fullscreen in 3840x2160, after read this thread I do like Jan and windowed (and the task bar in hidden ^_^), issu lets go, Perfect :wub:

On 10/4/2017 at 5:45 PM, cloudfreak1 said:

would you say there is a chance that i can run 4KMonitor together with my LG L22WTP 22"

I know it's an old thread but for other people come in, sure ;)

I've an MSI 970 Gaming 4Go and 40/50 fps with photo realistic (don't be greedy with ground elements).

Bons Vols :)

• Like 1