Sign in to follow this  
Damn_dorian

Crash while programming FMC

Hello guys,

I was planning my flight from EDDS to LIPZ using the following route: 
ABTA4B ABTAL L173 RIXED Y161 MAH Y162 MANAL UM736 OLPIX/N0453F330 M736 EKPEB Y108 DIKEM M726 LAREN1B via ALB1X to LOC ILSX04R

Everything went quite well.. I entered the departure, all the way points and then I tried to choose my arrival. I Chose the ILSX04R and then the LARE1B STAR. No problem so far. But when I chose the ALB1X transition I get the attached console popup. 

I installed my X-Plane 11 on my new SSD freshly yesterday and so I did with the gizmo plugin and the ixeg-737. 
The AIRAC cycle was updated automatically to 1710rev 1 by using NAVIGRAPH. 

Maybe someone can help me out? Thank you guys in advance! 

IXEG737 Version 1.2
XPlane Version 11.05
Windows 7-64bit
i7-4790k
GTX1080Ti
16GB DDR3@2400MHz

B733_6.png

Edited by Damn_dorian
was missing the attachment

Did you also put waypoint ALBET after DIKEM M726? I cannot see it in your FP. Second thing you can try is to follow this insertion order: STAR-TRANS-APP-VIA. Maybe this way the FMC does not crash even if it shouldn't in any case.

Another point is that you chose a proper combo ALB1X LARE1B ILS X 04R (since LARE1B has VEN NDB as IAF for ILS X APP), but remember that this procedure doesn't allow you to make a straight approach to the runway as, according to charts, you have to go down a racetrack prior to intercept ILS X. Instead I would have chosen ALB1X LARE1C ILS Z 04R which is the straight approach commonly used. The FMC is likely to get messed up with the multiple combinations of stars-apps-via which for this airport also affect the FMCs of other payware aircraft I've used. I ended up thinking that either the navdata are not 100% correct or that they are kind of misinterpreted by the FMC.

• Upvote 1

I think we may have this one fixed for the next update, it has to do with appending STAR transitions...I will see if the route works on our new version.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, crisk73 said:

Did you also put waypoint ALBET after DIKEM M726? I cannot see it in your FP. Second thing you can try is to follow this insertion order: STAR-TRANS-APP-VIA. Maybe this way the FMC does not crash even if it shouldn't in any case.

Another point is that you chose a proper combo ALB1X LARE1B ILS X 04R (since LARE1B has VEN NDB as IAF for ILS X APP), but remember that this procedure doesn't allow you to make a straight approach to the runway as, according to charts, you have to go down a racetrack prior to intercept ILS X. Instead I would have chosen ALB1X LARE1C ILS Z 04R which is the straight approach commonly used. The FMC is likely to get messed up with the multiple combinations of stars-apps-via which for this airport also affect the FMCs of other payware aircraft I've used. I ended up thinking that either the navdata are not 100% correct or that they are kind of misinterpreted by the FMC.

Thank you very much for your answer. 

ALBET somehow got lost in my FP here but was included in the FP in the FMC. I will try to enter it following the pattern u told me later this evening and I will come back with feedback ;-) all in all I'm very happy with the ixeg fmc. When I compare it to the jar a320 fmc it's much better and reliable. 

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

I think we may have this one fixed for the next update, it has to do with appending STAR transitions...I will see if the route works on our new version.

Cheers, Jan

Thank you very much for the fast respond and the support. Sounds great when it's already fixed in the upcoming patch. 

Best regards,

Jan

Edited by Damn_dorian

40 minutes ago, Damn_dorian said:

all in all I'm very happy with the ixeg fmc. When I compare it to the jar a320 fmc it's much better and reliable. 

I will make sure Tom hears that! :)

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, crisk73 said:

" Second thing you can try is to follow this insertion order: STAR-TRANS-APP-VIA. Maybe this way the FMC does not crash even if it shouldn't in any case."

This actually worked. I always took the APP first, because it reduces the sometimes enormous number of STARS available. But rather scrolling some pages more than having a crash after entering the FP... 
Thank you very much for your help, appreciated! 

• Upvote 1

I just had this happen changing my approach into SFO.  I wanted to add a transition and it console crashed.  I just got this plane and haven't been able to complete a single flight without something going wrong.  And I've flown lots of 737 payware and others...   I heard this was the best, but I'm, starting to lose it.  Nothing like flying 3 hours and a crash.   

I was told this was the best xplane 11 addon.  

6 hours ago, d0rkiishchris said:

I just had this happen changing my approach into SFO.  I wanted to add a transition and it console crashed.  I just got this plane and haven't been able to complete a single flight without something going wrong.  And I've flown lots of 737 payware and others...   I heard this was the best, but I'm, starting to lose it.  Nothing like flying 3 hours and a crash.   

I was told this was the best xplane 11 addon.  

There is unfortunately still the possibility that the FMS code crashes on some newly added procedures. The way that arrival and departure procedures get coded changes all the time, and you may have found a combination that triggers this.

If you want to help us remedy that in an update, you can post your IXEG_FMS_debug.txt (to be found in the aircraft folder) and the GizmoLog.txt (to be found in the X-Plane main folder) right after the crash happens. This will help us track down the issue. Please also include the procedure you wanted to load.

We are proud of our add-on and you slamming down on it does hurt a little. We know it isn´t perfect by a long shot, but we have put a lot of effort into it and while there are areas that are still deficient (like VNAV descents), we also have things that work pretty well, I think.

To avoid disappointment we even go to the unusual step of publishing an honest and open list of things that are NOT working on our model, so prospective buyers can make an informed descision:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v10/

I hope that you will be able to enjoy the plane after getting used to its quirks.

Jan

• Upvote 1