Unreadable cockpit dials X-Plane 11

Mareckis

Hi All, 

Im very happy owner of a IXEG 737, previously having owned FSX and PMDG I have to say that 737CL from IXEG is fantastic,however in version 1.2 for XPLANE 11 I encountered a problem with eninge dilas and fuel dials being very very dark, and unreadlable even in daytime. I have to zoom in to see. 

I tried different graphic settings, pretty much all different settings possible , but no difference whatsoever.

I tried Lua but no help either. 

What is weird is that I didnt have this problem in previous versions of 737CL, although not being supported for XP11.

Im running my settings on High or Maximum on all graphics options except for reflection details, which are LOW.

my PC:

i5 3.4Ghz clocked to 4.0Ghz

16GB Ram

radeon r9 3GB Ram

it runs at 25-40fps

Many thanks , and once again thans IXEG for a fantastic development of 737 I always wanted.

Make sure no other plugins are interfering - for example there was (is?) an issue with terra haze messing up the lighting.

For the engine gauges you can select the "steam gauge" option in the preferences, which replaces the digital engine instrument with classic needle based ones that are much easier to interpret with a quick glance. 

And the fuel gauges are hard to read IRL as well from what I've read.

Having said that here's a screen shot of how it looks on my system for reference:B733_454.jpg

Annunciator brightness is an issue, we have dialed it up as far as X-Plane would let us...the new lighting engine in XP11 is affecting this.

That being said, there certainly IS an issue with readability of screens and displays in the real aircraft, too - so XP11 probably has it more realistic than XP10.

Cheers, Jan

Oh, I read blurry instead of faded.

In any case, I think adjusting the antialiasing may help quite a bit.

The first capture is with FXAA, the second is with 4xSSAA, no other changes. Well, I think the difference is remarkable.

Click on the images to see better.

B733_47.png

B733_48.png

Edited by JaimeC

Quick update,

Came back home and as advised started playing about with antialiansing settings.  Results were promising but still a bit dark and massive Fps drop.

However I played about with my screens gamma through graphics card menu and.... SOLVED.  I'm enjoying a IXEG 737 in its fullest. 

Thank you guys for replies