PAX &cargo

wain

5 minutes ago, wain said:

I am wondering if there is a way of setting PAX and Cargo?, never found anything apart from Randomize on the groundservices, I set my fuel from there.....

Wayne

Depending how you plan your flight. 

But the PAX and Cargo is set by adjusting the ZFW at the groundservice menu.

Here is an example from PFPX (payware)

6oEIqX2.png

I got 111 PAX and 1175kg CARGO which gives me a ZFW of 44.6 tons. So just set 44.6 tons ZFW on the groundservice menu.

You can also use the free tool SimBrief.com for planning your flight.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, wain said:

I am wondering if there is a way of setting PAX and Cargo?, never found anything apart from Randomize on the groundservices, I set my fuel from there.....

Wayne

As Tom said, the aircraft has not the feature, you can only set total zero fuel weight via the ixeg menu (pax+cargo) and fuel.

note: you may cosider Igodispatchapp, mobile version is available and desktop version coming soon.

Upcoming igodispatch desktop version

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, wain said:

thanks Tom, I use Simbrief/Navigraph so I will look at that for my next flight........

similar subject, see in the image below....ground service menu has one C OF G and Trim, FMS has another, do I adjust my FMS to match the ground service?

Yes, in this case you have to set your CG on the FMS to 10.6%.

I dont think its really have anything to say what you put in the CG on the FMS . Its just a tool for calculating your TRIM setting for the takeoff, that you allready got from the ground service menu (4.6 units). The most important part is to actual set the correct TRIM for your aircraft.

But I always do update the FMS with the CG.

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 2

mmerelles is correct.

The 22.0% is a default setting - the FMS has no way of knowing the actual CG (some other aircraft attempt to find it by measuring strut compression), so you have to enter it manually. Well, you don´t have to - the FMS does nothing but calculate your trim for you...which you already have on the ground service menu. What´s important is that you set the correct trim on the trim wheel.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

I just noticed that PFPX uses 33,549 kg as DOW for the plane, whereas IXEG's DOW is slightly different (32,831 kg, according to my notes). I guess, one of the reasons to use iGoDispatch for flight planning for this particular plane. Does anyone know what SimBrief has as DOW?

cheers!

1 hour ago, iGoApp said:

I just noticed that PFPX uses 33,549 kg as DOW for the plane, whereas IXEG's DOW is slightly different (32,831 kg, according to my notes). I guess, one of the reasons to use iGoDispatch for flight planning for this particular plane. Does anyone know what SimBrief has as DOW?

cheers!

The default B737-300 on simbrief is operating with this values. And you can change them.

I may have modified my 733 profile for PFPX. I dont remember :)

VDT2gwU.png

Edited by Tom Stian
typos

3 hours ago, wain said:

oh just thought, before TOD into Berlin the other day I couldn't find where to set Transition Alt for EDDT, should I have done that during the set up at Mnachester? I have looked through Tutorials but failed to find it....

You can enter Transition Level at the Descent Forecast page. (DES-button on FMS ->FORECAST)

I usually enter the transition level when im doing the descend/approach planning. (while airborn and before TOD).

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1