1.4.1 not working for me - sound files missing

kneighbour

I just updated to V1.4.1 from an early version (Jan or so). Now it comes up with a lot of sound files missing eg
warng: 287.359: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(F:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/toggle.wav)

there are about 94 of these missing sound files.
Also this line
error: 287.572: FT_New_Face failed (there is probably a problem with your font file): F:/X-Plane 11/Resources/GNS430/Resources/ProFontWindows.ttf
debug: 287.580: X-Aviation Licensing: Auto license update is on.
debug: 287.580: X-Aviation Licensing: License days remaining: 14.91 - No update required.
debug: 287.580: X-Aviation Licensing: Update required when <= 2.00 days.
debug: 289.929: tt.register...
debug: 289.929: tt.register...

There are NO files at all in this folder - just subfolders (alert, contact, engine, system and weather). These sub folders have a few sound files in them, but nothing in the main folder.

Name of product(s) - : SAAB 340A

I guess I need all these sounds files from somewhere. I submitted a support ticket a week ago, but no answer from there.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

50 minutes ago, JGregory said:

Both of these bugs were fixed for v1.4.1. In addition, with this version we added code to write a log debug entry indicating that the v1.4.1 scripts had loaded, which does not appear anywhere in your logs. So it appears that you actually have not updated to 1.4.1 or the update was corrupted.

ok, that makes sense. So I downloaded the file again from my account/orders page. The zip file i downloaded was named "Saab_340A_1.4.1.zip", so that looks good, but the same as before. The folder in the zip file is also seemingly correct. ie "Saab 340A 1.4.1". The main file in this folder is "S340A-windows-installer.exe" 10.4megs, 6/07/2017 7:31pm and Product Version 1.4.0.0.

So I installed yet again, with the same (faulty) results. Not sure what to do next. Is the file that I am downloading the correct one?

26 minutes ago, kneighbour said:

ok, that makes sense. So I downloaded the file again from my account/orders page. The zip file i downloaded was named "Saab_340A_1.4.1.zip", so that looks good, but the same as before. The folder in the zip file is also seemingly correct. ie "Saab 340A 1.4.1". The main file in this folder is "S340A-windows-installer.exe" 10.4megs, 6/07/2017 7:31pm and Product Version 1.4.0.0.

So I installed yet again, with the same (faulty) results. Not sure what to do next. Is the file that I am downloading the correct one?

You should contact X-Aviation directly.

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

It is very possible you need to fully delete the Saab manually and then run the installer. Sounds like some old code is getting left behind.

Thanks - that seemed to do the job!  It was a bit of a surprise - I thought the update was for XP 11. Not so, but it is still a welcome update and look forward to XP 11 compatibility.