Cant taxi below 40 Knots

lachy909

21 minutes ago, lachy909 said:

Having a problem where, even if im moving forward the rudders wont move the aircraft left or right. I`ve tried looking for a tiller but dont know where it is im the using the saab 340A in X-Plane 10

On the left panel, behind the parking brake...the big circular control....push it in to engage the steering tiller....you also have to do it after landing

This reminds me that the Saab (at least mine) is a Ferrari on the tarmac with throttles in ground idle.

Two questions on the proper way to taxi this thing:

- I observed in RL that some of the turboprop operators taxi on one engine only - I haven't flown a turboprop in some years now, but nearly all my flights (which included Dash 8 and B1900D and a Saab 340B eons ago.  Is that a recommended practice?  The second engine was typically turned on but a few minutes before t/o.

- Short of using brakes like crazy, what is the recommended way of controlling ground speed on this aircraft while on the ground for taxi?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

At work right now so I can't check.  I think there is either a dataref for this in which case you may be able to bind a key to it from within a lua script in FlywithLUA or as a command in which case it would show up in your x-plane keybinder as an available command.  You may need to expand the available commands exposed by the Saab.