iPhone or Samsung

huseyydemm

My 4 year old iPhone 4S is not too slow and lasts about 6 hours so I am in the market for a new phone. I have had iphones for the past 6 or 7 years but I am now tempted to jump ship to android. I am comparing the iPhone 6S and Samsung S7 and they seem pretty similar in all respects. 

However one key element for me is how useful they are for aviation. So does one phone offer an aviator more than the other? Does one work better with SD than the other, does one have a better selection of flying apps etc?

Reviews and thoughts welcome as ever.

• 3 weeks later...

You might also consider the HTC U11. I chose it over both the phones you mention. It's faster, looks better (admittedly personal preference), has a newer version of Android, gets updated more frequently (Samsung tends to never send major version upgrades to their phones, not even from Android 7.0 to 7.1) and doesn't come with all the Samsung bloatware.

I'd guess all of the large apps have versions for both Android and iOS, and for the ones that don't there's bound to be a viable alternative to be found.