Window heat test

admroz

This is problably the least important issue you can imagine, but I'm just curious if this is intended behavior of 733, as it differs from NGs :)

When performing window heat PWR TEST, the only way to turn off 'overtheat' lights is to recycle each window heat switch or to be precise going from ON to OFF state. Furthermore, the up position of this switch has no label, shouldn't it be "OVHT"? 

16 minutes ago, admroz said:

This is problably the least important issue you can imagine, but I'm just curious if this is intended behavior of 733, as it differs from NGs :)

When performing window heat PWR TEST, the only way to turn off 'overtheat' lights is to recycle each window heat switch or to be precise going from ON to OFF state. Furthermore, the up position of this switch has no label, shouldn't it be "OVHT"? 

I think the only way to reset the overheat protection is to turn the switches off and on again.

I don't have the same "Window Heat" panel in my FCOM, so im not sure excatly how it should work. Looks like the PWR TEST actual is doing a overheat test. So maybe its combined power and overheat test. :ph34r:

Hi admroz,

you are right, there should be a small "OVHT" label above the window heat test switch, I will take a look, thanks for pointing that out!

Tom is right, to reset the window overheat condition you need to turn each switch OFF then ON.

The effect of the switch is kind off the same in both directions. Pushing it UP (ovht) will trigger the overheat condition, illuminating all lights. Pushing it down will apply "full power", which will usually also result in an overheat condition (a real one) with the above effect, at least on the ground. Note that we do not simulate the cooling effect of airflow (yet)... Hmm, gives me an idea...

The manual says, however: NOTE: Do not PWR TEST when all amber OFF lights are extinguished. Whatever that means...I have never used that on the real plane, I would think that it is mainly for maintenance use.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

9 hours ago, Litjan said:

The manual says, however: NOTE: Do not PWR TEST when all amber OFF lights are extinguished. Whatever that means...I have never used that on the real plane, I would think that it is mainly for maintenance use.

Cheers, Jan

If I understand it correct the window heat will automaticly turn off if it is a very hot day and the window heat is not needed.

So lets say you have all the window heat switches on, but two of the OFF lights are illuminating, you can use the power test to "Verify operation of the window heat system".

bxiHFvX.png

I have a different window heat panel in my FCOM which have ON lights instead of OFF lights.

So if you have the window heat switch in ON position, the OFF light can illuminate if the "system is at correct temperatur". In this condition you can do a Power Test.

I may be very wrong about this :)

Edited by Tom Stian