Steering issue with Warthog

Whiskey Rebel

HI all,

Up to now I have been using the TM 16000 flight stick. It has a twist/yaw grip which allowed me to move about the airport with little issue. I just purchased the HOTAS TM Warthog. I knew it did not have yaw but I had read that one could apply yaw by way of the axis controls.  I have done this but the yaw effect does not give me the same steering capabilities that the 16000 did.  I have tried to map wheel steering (toggle) but it not seen seem to work, rather the front wheel just seems to shake a bit with no real turn. As a result I find myself having to begin flights on the runway.

Any advise?

Thanks!

(as an aside has anyone created a profile for the 737CL?)

Edited by Whiskey Rebel

Although you could use X-Plane's combined aileron & rudder control (which is automatically applied when yuo don't have an axis assigned to yaw), i would just keep on using the 16000M side by side with the Warthog, in case you didn't already sell it or gave it away.

You can use the twist or roll axis of the 16000M for yaw and assign pitch and roll to the Warthog. You would also gain some additional buttons to assign when using both sticks together.

Best thing of course would be to get some rudder pedals. :D

Edited by mgeiss

Still having turning issues, I went back to the TM 16000m (twist/yaw) and the front wheel turns are more controlled but seem to only turn 30 degrees on either side, so I keep going off the taxi ways onto the ground.  Feel like quite the noob. I have checked all the settings. This was not the problem before I got the warthog.  I think I may have changed something during the new configurations but not sure what.

As always any help would be appreciated.