ADF radio doesn't maintain frequency

Dscho

hello,

latest version 1.4.1, XP10.51: a while - about 20 seconds - after tuning  a frequency into the ADF, the frequency changes back to the value it was before i.e 530. Has anybody of you captains experienced that too? Or did i miss something?

Thanks for feedback,

Dscho

Edited by Dscho
typo

Dscho,

I just tested this using Saab v1.4.1 in XP10.52r2 and could not recreate the problem.  And, I waited much longer than 20 seconds.  If you can give us some more details on exactly what you did when tuning the frequency, using the transfer/mem switch, etc. that would be helpful.

Hi JG,

thanks for responding!

First i have to clarify that ADF 2 works perfectly. It is only ADF1, which shows this problem.

The control mode switch is at "ADF", then i dialed in the frequency (327 at LOWL) and move the transfer switch to the "UP" position. The frequency engages and the ADF position pointer of the EHSI points at the correct position. Suspicious is, that the RMI pointer remains at 3 o'clock. Then i did nothing and waited until the ADF frequency flips back, every time to the same value of "530". The time interval is variable between 30 seconds and almost 3 mins.

Situation: on ground just after engine startup, i hope this helps

Dscho

Edited by Dscho
supplement

hi birdy,

i have FlyWithLua installed, but didn't have any script added to the plugin - everything is default. But i had the suspicion in mind, that FlyWithLua is the culprit. And guess what happened after disabling all the scripts:   IT WORKS NOW !!! Now i have to find out, which of those script disadjusts the ADF 1 radio

This raises the question: does the Saab 340 really need FlyWithLua? (I don't like FlyWithLua very much)

By all means: thank you very much birdy

Dscho

In the meantime i found it out: it's HUD module test:

-- do some corrections
function radio_limiter()
    if COM1 < 11800 then COM1 = 11800 end
    if COM1 > 13697 then COM1 = 13697 end
    if NAV1 < 10800 then NAV1 = 10800 end
    if NAV1 > 11797 then NAV1 = 11797 end
    if ADF1 <  530 then ADF1 =  530 end
    if ADF1 > 1700 then ADF1 = 1700 end
    if OBS1 <   0 then OBS1 = 350 end