SMP v4.5 Storm Clouds

kentwerickson

This is somewhat of a nit, but I've meaning to ask why (or at least in my experience) storm/rain clouds often appear so small, and isolated? Specifically, I will often see a storm cloud against the backdrop of an otherwise crystal blue sky, yet which looks more like part of a small forest fire (see image below). I wonder if you couldn't somehow just artificially stretch out the cloud coverage in these situations to make it appear more realistic... Thanks in advance for considering the matter.

SMP v4.5 (+RWC, +NOAA Weather), XP 10.51

SMP v4.5 cloud draw issue.jpg

Edited by kentwerickson

It was a matter of compromise.

To be short, some places of the world, especially in the south east, experience this type of cloud in one spot. They appear in this shape as well.

Computers in a simulated gaming environment like X-Plane also come into play with regards to performance.

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

It was a matter of compromise.

To be short, some places of the world, especially in the south east, experience this type of cloud in one spot. They appear in this shape as well.

Computers in a simulated gaming environment like X-Plane also come into play with regards to performance.

Fair enough, and thanks for your reply.