Can't get autobrake to work

Hello, 

i am having a problem with the autobrake, as soon as I land they disarm and I have to manually brake.  

My my setup is 

saitek rudder pedals for the toe brakes and I have the go flight tq6 throttle using a button to toggle the thrust reverser the thrust reverse part seems to be working fine. 

None of the axis appear to be sticking or causing interference as far as I can tell

Hello Mike,

I had quite the same issue with my Saitek Throttle Quadrant till yesterday. I did some more testing and found some strange behaviour of XP11/IXEG.

My setup:

Throttle-Quadrant-lg.jpg

Left lever: Speedbrake, Mittle Lever: Thrust Engine 1, Right Lever: Thrust Engine 2.

The Saitek has 3 integrated buttons that are active when you push a lever below 0 (Marked in red circle).

for these buttons my setup is:

Left: "do nothing", Middle: Toggle Reversers, Right: "do nothing". 

After Landing, I push the two thrust levers beyond 0 to enable toggle thrust reverse and at that point, the autobrake was every time disarmed automatically. Quite strange as I never had this issue on X-Plane 10 with the previous versions of the IXEG.

So I did some tests!

When I just push the middle lever below 0 it toggles the reversers and autobrake keeps active. If I just push the right lever below 0 to activate the button that is configured in XP11 as "do nothing", the autobrake disarms immediately! THIS IS STRANGE! I tell X-Plane that NOTHING should happen if this button gets active but it disables the autobrake!

So I repeated the same test for the left lever. It was also configured to "do nothing". If that button gets active it disables the autobreak as well!

I found a way to work around that issue by creating a small FlyWithLua script that creates a command that really does nothing.

function do_nothing()
		-- This function is needed because thrust revers buttons on saitek throttle quadrant
		-- will disable autobreak if Xp11 "do nothing" is set on them.
end

create_command("MyStuff/IXEG733/DoNothing", "Do really nothing","do_nothing()","","")

After assigning my "DoNothing" command to the two buttons the autobreak works as it should.

I do not know If that might help you but maybe you have the same kind of problem with your go flight tq6 throttle. I also cannot tell if that is a bug of XP11 or IXEG...

Greetings,

Sebastian

Edited by jimbim
  • Upvote 1

The autobrake will disarm if thrust is advanced, this may be due to spike signals from thrust lever hardware. It will also disarm if the brakes are tapped, so if you have brake pedals, that is also something to check. The autobrake system we use if mostly default X-Plane, so there is not much we can do to alleviate that.

Unfortunately XP does not allow to set "null zones" for thrust levers and brake pedals.

Cheers, Jan

20 hours ago, jimbim said:

Hello Mike,

I had quite the same issue with my Saitek Throttle Quadrant till yesterday. I did some more testing and found some strange behaviour of XP11/IXEG.

My setup:

Throttle-Quadrant-lg.jpg

Left lever: Speedbrake, Mittle Lever: Thrust Engine 1, Right Lever: Thrust Engine 2.

The Saitek has 3 integrated buttons that are active when you push a lever below 0 (Marked in red circle).

for these buttons my setup is:

Left: "do nothing", Middle: Toggle Reversers, Right: "do nothing". 

After Landing, I push the two thrust levers beyond 0 to enable toggle thrust reverse and at that point, the autobrake was every time disarmed automatically. Quite strange as I never had this issue on X-Plane 10 with the previous versions of the IXEG.

So I did some tests!

When I just push the middle lever below 0 it toggles the reversers and autobrake keeps active. If I just push the right lever below 0 to activate the button that is configured in XP11 as "do nothing", the autobrake disarms immediately! THIS IS STRANGE! I tell X-Plane that NOTHING should happen if this button gets active but it disables the autobrake!

So I repeated the same test for the left lever. It was also configured to "do nothing". If that button gets active it disables the autobreak as well!

I found a way to work around that issue by creating a small FlyWithLua script that creates a command that really does nothing.

function do_nothing()
		-- This function is needed because thrust revers buttons on saitek throttle quadrant
		-- will disable autobreak if Xp11 "do nothing" is set on them.
end

create_command("MyStuff/IXEG733/DoNothing", "Do really nothing","do_nothing()","","")

After assigning my "DoNothing" command to the two buttons the autobreak works as it should.

I do not know If that might help you but maybe you have the same kind of problem with your go flight tq6 throttle. I also cannot tell if that is a bug of XP11 or IXEG...

Greetings,

Sebastian

Thanks guys, 

i used your lua Lua script and this fixed it!  

18 hours ago, Litjan said:

The autobrake will disarm if thrust is advanced, this may be due to spike signals from thrust lever hardware. It will also disarm if the brakes are tapped, so if you have brake pedals, that is also something to check. The autobrake system we use if mostly default X-Plane, so there is not much we can do to alleviate that.

Unfortunately XP does not allow to set "null zones" for thrust levers and brake pedals.

Cheers, Jan

I really wish that laminar would provide us with more tuning ability for controllers. I have had a few issues because of this already, one is with my joystick I use for my tiller. 

however, if they fix that then I can no longer blame my poor landings on the controllers lol

9 hours ago, mike10 said:

Thanks guys, 

i used your lua Lua script and this fixed it!  

Great to hear that!

I will try tonight if a simple button on my yoke that is set to "Nothing" will disarm the autobreak as well...

Sebastian

Edited by jimbim

21 hours ago, Litjan said:

Cheers, Jan

Yes, it doesn't. But you as a developer can program around that easily.

Ok, I can confirm now that any button on my yoke which is set to "do nothing" in XP11 will disable the autobrake immediately.

It's strange that a button that should not send anything to the sim can change the behaviour of the IXEG. 

For me, it looks like it is a Laminar Bug but I am not sure. At least we know that there is something going wrong here.

Sebastian

13 hours ago, jimbim said:

Ok, I can confirm now that any button on my yoke which is set to "do nothing" in XP11 will disable the autobrake immediately.

It's strange that a button that should not send anything to the sim can change the behaviour of the IXEG. 

For me, it looks like it is a Laminar Bug but I am not sure. At least we know that there is something going wrong here.

Sebastian

hi  Sebastian,

same problem here ,good that you have found it out!