IXEG Module Activation Problem

Chuck_Owl

Hi folks,

Just bought the 737 tonight and ran into a problem with my activation.

I downloaded the installer, unzipped it on my desktop and ran it. I was asked my e-mail and password, which I entered. So far so good... the download proceeds and I am able to install the module and the liveries I want.

Once I fire up X-Plane 11 and create a new flight, once the aircraft is done loading I get a pop-up asking me for my e-mail and password, which I enter again. However, a small window pops up and disappears (I saw red in it and could make out something like "Updating License" and then "Could not save license data" (in red) and then "Your license was updated" in blue. However, another window pops up and asks me for my e-mail again, and again.  I don't think my module registered correctly because I can click in the cockpit but I can't do anything... plus the box asking for my e-mail and password keeps coming back.

I've tried turning off my anti-virus, re-installing my module several times, changed my password and tried again... and now I'm sort of running out of options.

I run Windows 10 with X-Plane 11 (latest standalone version, 11.02 or something).

I have attached the GizmoLog and the Log files I got if it can help. Of course, I can provide my receipt information to the store staff if required.

Could a kind soul please help me  to get this mighty bird activated properly?

Regards,

Charles O.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Edited by Chuck_Owl

Finally figured that one out on my own.

For those of you who may run into the same issue I did, make sure that you go in the X-Plane executable file properties, then in the "Compatibility" menu and set the "Run this program as an administrator" box checked. This is what prevented my license from updating properly.

I can now enjoy that awesome 737. It's a true work of art :) 

Edited by Chuck_Owl
  • Upvote 1

Gizmo requires write permission to X-Plane/X-Aviation/license_db.bin 

Now that you've run X-P as admin you should be able to locate the file and take ownership, granting yourself write permissions.

That said; Windows UAC might get in the way and try and magically hide the file updates from Gizmo leading to the endless loop you had.

It's been a general rule not to put X-Plane into Program Files folders for some time because Windows likes to intervene. 

With the advent of Steam however, this location is basically default, which can lead to the occasional annoyance.

Glad you sorted it out, sorry for the hassle.

Hope the info above helps you remove the admin tag from X-Plane.exe..

• Upvote 1