IXEG Classic 1.2 -- Some issues

hohum

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report bugs, but here she goes.  I'm having a couple of issues with this plane.

1) If you try to reprogram the FMS in flight (for example, if you get a different runway assignment or transition while in the middle of your arrival procedure), the frame rate of the sim drops to a crawl.   It becomes unusable for doing anything other than interacting with the FMS and even that becomes a painfully slow process.   The frame rate picks back up again after you've made your updates and hit the EXEC button.

This is really inconvenient if you're in the middle of a STAR and you're busy trying to micromanage your descent or otherwise prep the plane.   

2) When there are two altitude restrictions (for example, the PIKEZ VOR at http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1708/00582HAWKZ_C.PDF), the plane takes the higher of the them and sticks it in the flight plan as (A, At or Above).   This behavior is incorrect and if the plane were in a managed descent, it would be in violation of the published altitude restrictions on the arrival plate.

3) When tracking the runway localizer, the plane is sometimes off by as much as 100 ft in either direction; it almost never tracks the center line dead on.   This occasionally puts me off the edge of the runway and it's a rare occurrence that I'm able to allow autoland to do its job.

Edited by hohum

3) often reason would be incorrect coordinates of the localizer in the nav data, i. e. navdata is not corresponding to the scenery. So, the invisible localizer in the sim would not be where it should be in relation to the rwy.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, hohum said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report bugs, but here she goes.  I'm having a couple of issues with this plane.

1) If you try to reprogram the FMS in flight (for example, if you get a different runway assignment or transition while in the middle of your arrival procedure), the frame rate of the sim drops to a crawl.   It becomes unusable for doing anything other than interacting with the FMS and even that becomes a painfully slow process.   The frame rate picks back up again after you've made your updates and hit the EXEC button.

This is really inconvenient if you're in the middle of a STAR and you're busy trying to micromanage your descent or otherwise prep the plane.   

2) When there are two altitude restrictions (for example, the PIKEZ VOR at http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1708/00582HAWKZ_C.PDF), the plane takes the higher of the them and sticks it in the flight plan as (A, At or Above).   This behavior is incorrect and if the plane were in a managed descent, it would be in violation of the published altitude restrictions on the arrival plate.

3) When tracking the runway localizer, the plane is sometimes off by as much as 100 ft in either direction; it almost never tracks the center line dead on.   This occasionally puts me off the edge of the runway and it's a rare occurrence that I'm able to allow autoland to do its job.

1. Your windows defender is the issue. Go to windows defender configuration and set a "folder" exemption for the entire xplane root folder. Not file, but folder exemption.

windows defender tryies to analuze the fmc scripts when you make changes inflight, kills the pc cpu and the simulation is over.

2. Yes, this is a known problem on current vnav implementation go to legs page and edit the altitude manually enter XXXXX and press corresponding right soft key. This will be addressed when the vnav update is ready.

3. Most common issue is navdata and scenery does not match. This is not the aircraft.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mmerelles said:

Your windows defender is the issue.

This never occurred to me.  I'll go back and try another flight with Windows Defender disabled.

1 hour ago, mmerelles said:

Most common issue is navdata and scenery does not match. This is not the aircraft.

I don't know that I agree with this assessment.  I've got updated AIRAC cycles and I don't have this issue with any other airplanes. 

17 minutes ago, hohum said:

This never occurred to me.  I'll go back and try another flight with Windows Defender disabled.

No need to disable, go to windows defender configuration in windows and there is an option to set a folder exemption. Put one for the entire /xplane 11/ folder.

note: windows will reenable defender at all the time during updates.

I don't know that I agree with this assessment.  I've got updated AIRAC cycles and I don't have this issue with any other airplanes. 

This is not only about navdata. Please make a video at your earliest convenience to share so we can double check what the systems & displays are telling, what that airport ils issue would be. etc. We are blind at this time, we do not even know what airport ils procedure you are making reference to.

what the fmc says if you go to ident page?

Edited by mmerelles

Hi hohum,

mmerelles has the answers. The only thing I could add is for

3) please make sure that you have dialed in the correct localizer inbound course - ie. for EDDF runway 25R it would be 248.

If you could also post a screenshot of when it happens, we can see if the plane tracks the localizer (and that is offset from the runway) or if the plane does not track the localizer well.

Unfortunately your updated AIRAC does NOT replace the landing aids (localizer, glideslope) in X-Plane. This was a deliberate desciscion by the devs to mask the fact that many runways are a bit "misplaced". If people suddently get very accurate ILS placement, this will become more noticeable. Therefore updating your nav data does NOT update any LOC or GS transmitters.

But if other planes work well, then I suspect it is the missing inbound course being set (which makes the plane try to fly a wrong inbound course when intercepting the LOC).

Jan

Actually navdata changes the localizers but it is not always for good. I've been agonizing for almost a year with Navigraph about the localizers of LBSF. Finally they changed the data to match the AIP and the newly developed scenery. But at least on two occasions they broke the ILS approaches after reverting back to the old localizers coordinates.

So, navaids coordinates might not match sceneries. Usually there is a good match between default navdata and default sceneries. Default navdata is manipulated on purpose to match the default sceneries :) even if the sceneries are not well aligned with real data. Navigraph also prefers to match the default xplane sceneries when it comes to navaids, so if you are using a payware one you might be in trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think (and you can read Philipp´s post on it to confirm it http://developer.x-plane.com/?article=navdata-in-x-plane-11) that the earth_nav.dat that holds the localizer and glideslope data is residing in the following folder:

X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Global airports/earth nav data

In this folder you can find the file earth_nav.dat that is relevant and will be read for LOC antennas and GS antennas. The remaining info is read from the other earth_nav.dat files. You can copy and change the earth_nav.dat in your "Custom Data" folder all you want, it will not have any effect on the ILS approaches in X-Plane 11. Try it.

This is the "curated navaids" approach they are now doing. Only Robin Peel will change those navaids according to user feedback.

Of course you can copy Navigraph´s earth_nav.dat over this file and that will replace all the "curated navaids" with Navigraph´s. I have done it and it works great. Of course some ILS´s will not line up perfectly with the (wrongly placed) runways anymore.

Jan

Edited by Litjan