Another XP11 Data Point--MOSTLY SOLVED

HamSammich

Jim and Goran,

Again with the understanding that this is not an XP11 airplane yet, here might be another few items to come to grips with as the port progresses:

Altitude does not acquire. The FD displays a nose-down cue. The AP pitches *most* of the way down, but not enough. The airplane keeps slowly climbing, or descending, as the case may be.

Also, and this may be yoke-related (Brunner CLS-E, using their X-Plane plugin): The AP oscillates in the roll axis, gradually building, until it's necessary to disconnect the servos. I've tried this using a mouse yoke and the problem goes away. I only mention it because a high-end yoke and high-end aircraft ought to work well together and the Brunner works flawlessly with other aircraft, including the IXEG. This suggests that it's not some odd quirk of Gizmo, becasue the IXEG uses it, too. I of course could be wrong here; just something you might want to be aware of. I'll raise it with Brunner when they return from Summer vacation.

Additionally, the ALT hold command only sporadically illuminates and rarely works. Finally you might (MIGHT :) ) want to revisit the ground effect. It has very little. Then again, the real one ain't exactly the Gimli Glider, is it now?

And just to reiterate, I'm passing this on with the full and complete knowledge the plane is not fully XP11 compatible. I hope readers don't think otherwise and doubt your product because of it. I understand why you might be reluctant to even permit the use of it on the new platform. That said, I'm glad you have. When the AP became untenable for me last night, I still managed to fly an ILS approach down to mins at KMRY, including the procedure turn. It went perfectly and was a pleasure to hand-fly. Bravo to you both!

Best,

marshall

Edited by HamSammich

I did not test this aircraft on xp11, can not comment on that.

Regards the brunner yoke

-Duplicate the ixeg profile if you like it on the CLS2SIM and rename to SAAB340

-Go to Autopilot tab, make sure 'Don't set pos in AP mode' is checked for all axis. Otherwise the aircraft will move the yoke, the yoke will move back the aircraft controls in a non ending loop.

Hope this helps.

Well, well, well!

This is just plain weird. I did as you said and duplicated the IXEG profile and used it. No problems! But then I figured it was working because hydraulics was enabled, as for the 737. So I disabled that. And it still worked. Then I one-by-one duplicated all the previous force settings from the "defective" Saab profile. And guess what? It still worked fine! An utter puzzlement. In any case, perhaps Jim and Goran ought disregard parts of my orginal post. I'll continue to investigate and remain baffled. Any ideas Mister Merelles?

Oh, and could you share your Saab yoke profile with me when you get around to creating it? I suspect you have a few more RW flight hours than I.

Best,

marshall