Eyebrow windows clickable area.

Iain

Hi all

When sitting in my normal view position for flying, pan to the right and click the L-PACK off/auto/high.  Unless I click dead on the clickspot for this switch, he eyebrow window behind toggles the green blind.  It seems the windows green cover can be click by pressing on the overhead panel.  I think the clickspot for the switch needs increased a little and the window blind click spot altered so you must actually be clicking the window.  No big deal but something to resolve in a future patch if possible.

One other thing, I notice in approaches when using a lot of yoke input to fight winds and turbulence (approach to BIKF recently in crosswinds, the yoke seems to have quite a bit of a delay during aggressive inputs.  If I rock my stick left and right fast enough, the yoke in the plane is delayed enough to be opposite of my input.  I check the calibration and it seems fine, checked with other aircraft (smaller GA) and there is a delay but nowhere near as much.  The delay in joystick cal page is zero so XP sees the stick in exactly the position it is no matter how fast I move it.  I just wonder if this is deliberately done to simulate the delay in move the real aircraft yoke, or maybe it's done to give the impression of the mass and intertia of a real 737 when flying this way, or it's a limit of the code or XP interface.   Looking at some really aggressive yoke control on youtube, 738 I think, it seems the yoke can be flung around really fast and I guess the real ac has no delay between input and control surface.  

Cheers

Iain

Hi Ian,

thanks for the feedback!

I will see what we can do about the clickspots.

The yoke movement times have been subject to much debate - the real yoke can´t be moved nearly as fast as the joystick can, it simply takes time to move the flightcontrols, even for the hydraulics, and the yoke is always "in sync" with the flight control surfaces. This is great for the pilot, as it reduces "overcontrolling", unlike on the Airbus´ joystick (I deliberately avoid the word "flightstick", here), where you have no idea how far the ailerons really are when flying in gusty conditions. Really annoying and dangerous.

I feel that the yoke response time in our model is pretty much accurate - I have done lots of "flight-control-checks" in the real one (every flight), where you move the yoke through the full travel, and it definitely takes a second or more to move it from one full stop to the other.

It also needs to be said that X-Plane´s turbulence model is way too excessive and I NEVER fly with real weather on for this reason. The speed and frequency of wind speed and direction shift is just plain unreal and way overdone, and I have been working on a profound portfolio of videos and documentation of real-world cockpit footage to present my case to Austin. He likes "fun and exciting", so its always a battle to "tone something down". We will see.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 1

Hi Litjan

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I was thinking it may have been discussed before.   I've not actually found the turbulence too bad, I really enjoy it, reminds me of my glider flying days in windy Scotland, well, maybe a 737 shouldn't be so similar, your probably right then!

Thanks again for your time.

• Upvote 1

One problem simulating turbulence - is that in real - the wings flexes and dampens the motion, so not all the forces will get to the fuselage (where you observe it).

Like driving a car with no springs/dampers on a rocky road versus one that has them... two very different experiences...

M

• Upvote 2

It also needs to be said that X-Plane´s turbulence model is way too excessive and I NEVER fly with real weather on for this reason. The speed and frequency of wind speed and direction shift is just plain unreal and way overdone, and I have been working on a profound portfolio of videos and documentation of real-world cockpit footage to present my case to Austin. He likes "fun and exciting", so its always a battle to "tone something down". We will see.

Cheers, Jan

I am so grateful for that. The variable (fast rotating) wind madness in xp (came in 10.41 maybe) should really be put to an end. I have shown with videos to other users (tried reporting it to LR as well) how unrealistic is to have big jets behave as roller coasters in 5-7 kt variable wind, but never succeeded. People just wanted fun and "turbulence", and were so happy to experience dutch roll they couldn't get in fsx. A friend of mine once told me that when he sees the letter "v" in the metar he either cancels his flight in vatsim or changes the simulator.

I hope you, as professional, will be heard by Austin and s.th. good will come out of this. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1