X-Plane 11 Crashing

midi48

If you are using Xenviro, try a flight without it. I found lots of issues when using XEnviro...my aircraft would slide along the tarmac, engines would jump to full thrust even though i had levers in idle. I removed Xenviro and all the issues went away, no crashes, performs beautifully.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, HamSammich said:

I, too, am crashing. No JAR plugin for me. Only with the Saab.

Best,

Marshall

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

You have the GroundTraffic plug in installed.  On top of that, you have a LOT going on in your installation.  As well as a ton of ortho scenery.  The scenery alone could be causing you to run out of memory and crashing.

1 hour ago, HamSammich said:

I'll try. But, just to be clear, apart from the irregularities you mention, is XEnviro actually causing hard X-Plane crashes as well?

best,

Marshall

XEnviro has been known to cause issues with several add ons.  The developers have indicated they are working on an update.

Edited by Goran_M

Same here, never had a problem with the prior version of the Saab in v11...XP crashes to desktop most of the handful of times I've tried. it.  I know a mac guy that had a similar problem, he reverted back to the prior version of the Saab (v1.3) and his problem was solved.  Just an FYI.

Edited by gpb500

Hiya Greg!

Just did a flight from your KSNA to KSFO and did not crash. I disabled XEnivro. Whether that did it, or whether it's coincidental, I don't yet know. 

For Goran, again with the understanding that this is not a fully XP11 plane, and that you've said so, I picked up an issue you and Jim might want to look into as you port it over. The list of commands in the Joystick and Keystroke menu of XP11 doesn't populate. I've enclosed a screenshot. And keep up the great work. It's a wonderful plane!

Best,

marshall

Capture.JPG

9 hours ago, HamSammich said:

Jim,

Thank you for that! BTW, could you tell me where (under which heading, and the command name) to find the toggle for the nose-wheel steering?

Best,

Marshall

I created the command, but it is not available yet.  Will be in 1.4.2.

Hey Marshall, thanks.  Just did a test with XE off and no issues other than ripping off my right flap...not sure if that was valid (was I really "overspeed") but I worked thru the problem.  Short flight and no crash but I'm not sure how conclusive these tests are since it's not always repeatable.  Good to see you around!

-- Greg

Greg,

As regards XEnviro, it does a few key things in addition to rendering the sky as nicely as I've ever seen in XP, even when compared against the skies I normally see around my part of the country:

1) It sometimes produces vicious, abrupt windshear. Perhaps that's what trashed your flaps.

2) It apparently dances all over some under-the-hood bits and pieces of the sim, which means it's not shocking it should be a crash-magnet.

Sigh.

That said, my real challenge in this magnificent plane is to come to grips with its tendency to fall out of the sky on approach and landing. It's so easy to get behind the energy curve on it. Fun!

Best,

marshall

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update. I took out of the plugins Jar ground handling.  I did three flights no problem, so i thought it must have been the ground handling plugin.

Just done a flight today and  just at TOD and x-plane crashed again.

Im still using xenviro so will have to try a few flights without that and see what happens.

Carl

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

1 hour ago, midi48 said:

Quick update. I took out of the plugins Jar ground handling.  I did three flights no problem, so i thought it must have been the ground handling plugin.

Just done a flight today and  just at TOD and x-plane crashed again.

Im still using xenviro so will have to try a few flights without that and see what happens.

Carl

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Try this...
Screenshot_232.jpg