FMC Operation

klosurdo

Hi,

I just recently started flying on the Pilotedge network and had an issue with the FMC. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it's the limits of the FMC.

I plan my flight using Simbreif entering the departure and arrival info including projected runways. In route the winds change along with the runways. When I tried to select the current active runway it totally broke the FMC.

Am I doing something wrong? What's the proper way to handle this with crashing the FMC

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had mixed results.

Changing the landing runway/approach usually works, but has broken the route on occasion.

Changing the STAR often times breaks the route beyond repair, or there are waypoints missing.  Closing discos in the RTE page also often leads to a breakdown, so I avoid that at all costs, and try to square things away with the LEGS page only if possible.

I still don't have much confidence flying this bird online, especially in the northeast corridor where approaches get updated frequently. 

Tim