Night lighting, flood/dome

CharlieZulu

Seems as though the "green flicker" instrument panel flood lights are a bit too bright. Its hard to get the green light to show on max setting because its washed out by the white light.  I feel that the xplane10 setting was great, however the xp11 is just a little bit off.

Does anyone else agree?  

Also back panel lighting seems a tad too dim, even after the latest patch. Anyway we can brighten it up just a hair more?

Thoughts?

Edited by CharlieZulu

On 7/17/2017 at 1:56 AM, Morten said:

IXEG policy is to let our real pilots have the final saying in subjective matters like this

I am a pilot, I've also jump-seat on many occasions in 737 and I can assure you the lighting in x-plane is off. 

Whats the point of a forum then if you don't want our opinions?

Edited by CharlieZulu

4 hours ago, CharlieZulu said:

I am a pilot, I've also jump-seat on many occasions in 737 and I can assure you the lighting in x-plane is off. 

Whats the point of a forum then if you don't want our opinions?

Your opinion is noted and you *might* have a point, but like I said, in subjective matters like this that are hard to document (and you haven't)  there are as many opinions as there are users, also within the team.  You are not that I'm aware a 737CL pilot with 6000+ hrs in that cockpit which one of our team members and a a couple of bets testers are so we let them have the final say.  Making decisions by the "forum poll" method without any documentation is not IXEG style way of doing things.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Morten said:

Your opinion is noted and you *might* have a point, but like I said, in subjective matters like this that are hard to document (and you haven't)  there are as many opinions as there are users, also within the team.  You are not that I'm aware a 737CL pilot with 6000+ hrs in that cockpit which one of our team members and a a couple of bets testers are so we let them have the final say.  Making decisions by the "forum poll" method without any documentation is not IXEG style way of doing things.

Throw in end user light conditions with regards to monitors, gamma, room lighting, natural lighting, glare, etc, and all bets are well and truly off.

The dynamic range of the average monitor is like looking at the world through a drinking straw.

• Upvote 4

On 28.7.2017 at 6:59 PM, Litjan said:

Hi CharlieZulu,

by "green flicker", are you talking about the effect that happens when you turn the "Background" knob all the way to bright?

Cheers, Jan

I believe this function ignites the "washlight/maintenance flood" and I do agree with CharlieZulu; that light did looked really good in the XP10 version. Never seen anything like it in any addon :-) 

With LR changing so much reference-data and values going from 10 to 11 this unique IXEG-feature might have been reduced.

Yes, lighting in general in the cockpit is a whole new ballgame now - and not every change has been for the better, I feel.

The background light will never be on "full bright" in the real cockpit - unless you fly through a thunderstorm, have a total electrical AC failure or have lost your cars keys somewhere. So no matter how many times someone rode on the jumpseat, chances are slim that he would know how that looks in the real plane. I have seen it a few times on my simulator checkrides when we simulated electrical failures.

The general instrument lights are turned up as much as they can go in XP11.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 1