Clouds visible through the fuselage v1.2

crisk73

Following my bug report to Laminar, I got a reply from Jennifer, I paste it here.

"This is not apparent with default livery so I believe it is a problem with the third party livery being created incorrectly.

untitled.png
Thanks,

Jennifer Roberts
"

I don't completely trust what Jennifer said... but @rcmarple would you be so kind to check if your beautiful Thomson G-THOH livery - made for XP10 version - is still compatible with v1.2? You know, it's my preferred livery and I cannot live without. :rolleyes: Thnx!!!
Edited by crisk73

I just had this happening with the America West and the SWA livery provided by IXEG - others probably too but by the time i thought of trying more that cloud was gone and it's not all clouds sometimes it's even only a part of a cloud.

B733_142.png

B733_134.png

I didn't notice this before. One thing that has changed though is that windows updated the display driver to  22.21.13.8205 (382.05) yesterday - might be a coincidence but I'll try a different driver in the next days.

Edited by mfor

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, tried to experiment with this a bit more, but could not reproduce what you show on your pics above. Can you give me a bit of detail on how you got those clouds showing through the airplane? Also important may be the reflection setting you have...

I did get some "draw order" problems that are abundant in X-Plane, but have those for both the IXEG and default aircraft...

Jan

C172 clouds.jpg733 clouds.jpg

Me?

Flight KRNO? to KSFO with XP11 real weather - not entirely sure about the reflection setting I think medium to high.

Don't think your pictures look that different though, maybe except for the distance to the clouds.

I'll try to reproduce it this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Did a flight from KFAT to KSFO and played around quite a bit with weather settings and finally got the problem to show up again during descend.

B733_180.png

Here's the settings/configuration, local time was 17:59 - note that changing the reflection detail had no effect.

B733_179.png

B733_177.png

B733_181.png

I've also attached video (41mb)  where you can see that it is in fact multiple cloud parts that are shining though.

Video driver is unchanged from above, scenery is Ortho4XP based on HDMeshv3.

If you need a HQ video or any other information let me know. Otherwise, I guess the next step is testing one of the default planes :unsure:

clouds.avi

Super, thanks. I will send a link of this thread to Jennifer. I doubt that Laminar will invest much time into solving this - its a classical "draw order" problem of clouds (Ben Supnik loves those!) and when Vulcan comes along, everything is going to change, anyway...

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've reported this bug months ago but never got a response...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

In few cases did Laminar relpy to my bug reports, most likely when the same bug was shared with other users or I don't know when they use to respond. My advice is to insist on sending the reports or to write directly to Ben possibly attaching the link to this post so that all the witnesses about the thing can be brought to his attention.