BrianCoyote

[Merged] xEnviro

57 posts in this topic

My finding still is:

Whenever I use XEnviro with /without the IXEG i am experiencing crashes from time to time. Not reproduceable.

More flights completed than crashed.

Most of the time i can see, that if, the crash happens during a weather update.

Logfile date/time

I assume, the crash is caused by XE not reaching their servers for whatever reason.

(fast & reliable internet connection available here)

Without XE installed I am able to finish every flight without problems.

With XE installed its kind of win or loose ;-)

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Cebulon, did you try to turn off the option "draw vortices"?

Jan

Please try some flights with our option "draw vortices" unchecked. This is causing problems for some xEnviro users. We are still investigating the root cause...

Cheers, Jan

Yes, i switched it off, first time i read about it. Long time ago. And kept it off.

Oliver

Had to dig this out again ;-)

I read (believe Cameron was the author) that possibly the weather radar display could be the reason for some of the CTDs (NOT saying that IXEG bird is the reason)

In case: does that mean (by chance) if i leave it switched off, the chances are somewhat higher not getting a crash.

Or simply because it is programmed and there, could cause xEnviro and IXEG don't play well together?

Is there any talk going on, between the xE guys and you, to solve the possible issue?

I'd realy like to see both products to play together nicely ;-)

Right now, i am flying with default clouds (no crashes, but they are damn ugly ;-) )

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

Had to dig this out again ;-)

I read (believe Cameron was the author) that possibly the weather radar display could be the reason for some of the CTDs (NOT saying that IXEG bird is the reason)

In case: does that mean (by chance) if i leave it switched off, the chances are somewhat higher not getting a crash.

Or simply because it is programmed and there, could cause xEnviro and IXEG don't play well together?

Is there any talk going on, between the xE guys and you, to solve the possible issue?

I'd realy like to see both products to play together nicely ;-)

Right now, i am flying with default clouds (no crashes, but they are damn ugly ;-) )

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

I think you misread.

I said, in another topic, that the weather radar is essentially what xEnviro is making an SDK for. In other words, our weather radar cannot currently depict xEnviro storms accurately because they bypass X-Plane weather standards. It had nothing to do with some kind of CTD.

Okay, misread. Thanks for clarification.