[Merged] xEnviro

BrianCoyote

My finding still is:

Whenever I use XEnviro with /without the IXEG i am experiencing crashes from time to time. Not reproduceable.

More flights completed than crashed.

Most of the time i can see, that if, the crash happens during a weather update.

Logfile date/time

I assume, the crash is caused by XE not reaching their servers for whatever reason.

(fast & reliable internet connection available here)

Without XE installed I am able to finish every flight without problems.

With XE installed its kind of win or loose ;-)

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Had to dig this out again ;-)

I read (believe Cameron was the author) that possibly the weather radar display could be the reason for some of the CTDs (NOT saying that IXEG bird is the reason)

In case: does that mean (by chance) if i leave it switched off, the chances are somewhat higher not getting a crash.

Or simply because it is programmed and there, could cause xEnviro and IXEG don't play well together?

Is there any talk going on, between the xE guys and you, to solve the possible issue?

I'd realy like to see both products to play together nicely ;-)

Right now, i am flying with default clouds (no crashes, but they are damn ugly ;-) )

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

Had to dig this out again ;-)

I read (believe Cameron was the author) that possibly the weather radar display could be the reason for some of the CTDs (NOT saying that IXEG bird is the reason)

In case: does that mean (by chance) if i leave it switched off, the chances are somewhat higher not getting a crash.

Or simply because it is programmed and there, could cause xEnviro and IXEG don't play well together?

Is there any talk going on, between the xE guys and you, to solve the possible issue?

I'd realy like to see both products to play together nicely ;-)

Right now, i am flying with default clouds (no crashes, but they are damn ugly ;-) )

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

I think you misread.

I said, in another topic, that the weather radar is essentially what xEnviro is making an SDK for. In other words, our weather radar cannot currently depict xEnviro storms accurately because they bypass X-Plane weather standards. It had nothing to do with some kind of CTD.

• 2 weeks later...

First, ist a very good airplane and I like it very much. With Flightfactor B767, A350 and x-enviro I never had a CTD. Now I bought the B737-300 and first 3 flights all ended with CTD. It crashed, when downloading the weather.

Today with x-organizer I disabled xenviro. Flight maybe 2 hours. Landing also no CTD. But when taxiing to the gate, CTD, no Messages, nothing in the log.txt.

Not sure, the reason is xenviro, because it was not enabled. The weather Radar was off, because after landing. Windows also Shows no cricital Events.

The whole XP Folder is excluded from AV-Scans.

Ok,

1. with x-enviro FF767, FF A350 and other plane no CTD.

2. bought IXEG 737 and first 3 flights every flight ended in CTD after maybe 1 hour, when x-enviro loading weather.

3. disabled x-enviro and using normal weather

4. One CTD after Replay a flight, but no more CTD when flying IXEG. Also two flights in one session with many clouds, no CTD without x-enviro.

8 hours ago, Panda-Pilot said:

Ok,

1. with x-enviro FF767, FF A350 and other plane no CTD.

2. bought IXEG 737 and first 3 flights every flight ended in CTD after maybe 1 hour, when x-enviro loading weather.

3. disabled x-enviro and using normal weather

4. One CTD after Replay a flight, but no more CTD when flying IXEG. Also two flights in one session with many clouds, no CTD without x-enviro.

Do you have the IXEG contrail effects disabled?

Will look next time to contrail effects. I changed this:

1. I checked the folders aircraft and plugins and saw, they all write protected. I removed this.

2. Activate XPUIPC

During the flight, I did not change the normal TA in FMC, it was 5000 ft. But normaly I would enter 14 000 ft in Japan.

Made two flights:

RJSN - RJSN with a climb to 10 000 ft and changing altimeter settings during climb and descent -> NO CTD

RJSN - RJTT with climb to FL250 and TA 5000 ft, changing altimeter settings during climb and descent -> NO CTD

(Made the same flight some days before and CTD with TA 14000, no XPUIPC and no changes to folders)

I do not know, which parameters are transfered by x-enviro first. Temperature and Wind influences the PFD and ND in the Cockpit. But this would happen every time during flight, every 5 minutes without action of an user and the user has no influence of the values shown and calculated.

Altimeter settings are done by the user. And my CTD before always occur during descent. If x-enviro first changes the QNH in x-plane, maybe the calculation of the correct altitude or the values of the altimeters could be the reason for CTD? Because some people flying in Germany and Europe never get this CTD. Because TA/TL common below 10 000 ft. But in Japan or USA it is higher. This would explain, why there is no crash report and no further weather loading from x-enviro.

Hm, yesterday it crashed again, direct during taxi for take off. But I will continue to look for a reason. Flying with FlyJSim 727 no CTD with x-enviro.

Also I had a CTD when I choose the preferences and set the fuel in center tank to 50 kg. The gauges showing 3 x like before I changed it. When I open the window again, it crashed.

Yesterday I didn't use this window and set fuel and load with ground-window.

I got xEnviro as well, and I'm experiencing intermittent CTDs. I concluded it was caused by problems with the weather updates, as the xEnviro log file shows the last weather update wasn't completed, plus the timestamp was missing a digit.

I asked about this in the xEnviro forums and here's the response from suxumuxu:

This is caused by an erron in the Microsoft wininet library and documentation. Has been fixed and 1.07 contains the fix, roadmap has the relevant information. Regression tests have been completed and 1.07 is basically ready for beta stage.

• Upvote 3

Hi, 

as some of you might remember I had the CTDs as well, but I am not using X-Enviro at all. 
I was getting memory warnings from windows around 20 till 30 minutes before the CTDs every time. I thought, that the sim would just get slower due to that, but it seems the low memory was actually causing the CTDs in my case. I think so, because since I doubled virtual memory I did not experience any CTDs. 

So what I think everyone with the CTDs should at least try, is to significantly increase virtual memory in windows. 

Regards, 
Chris

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I did an almost-full range flight with XE 1.07 and luckily I did not encouter any ctd. Maybe their servers are in good shape now or they may have solved the issue eventually.

Whatever.. back to SMP now since I want my weather radar, windshield effects and clouds reflections back. ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm still having issues with crashes using xEnviro 1.07.  However, if I strip out EVERY plugin and piece of custom scenery then everything seems to work fine.

I've been building up my system piece by piece and running 4hr test flights - what a slow painful process that is - and it's starting to look like it's related to having the IXEG 737, xEnviro and XACARS all loaded all at the same time.  If you remove any one of those flights appear to be ok, though it's still a little too early to be definitive on my system.

Is anyone else here who is experiencing crashes with xEnviro also using XACARS?

Edited by bootsie

Hi!

I use xEnviro and I've noticed that the raindrops on the windshield would be something of a hit and miss when it was raining. Today I actually found out the issue.

I think the issue may be with iXeg since the 757 works at the same location and time.

The raindrops only work if I'm underneath the white area of the map, which I think it's a representation of the clouds.

I've attached screenshots.

On both prints, it's raining outside (it's hard to see from the still pictures).

Thanks!

no raindrops.png

raincdrops.png

Edited by DeshMindER

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

This is not a bug. xEnviro requires special programming to make that work. If you miss this feature badly at the moment you can switch to default X-Plane or SkyMaxx.

My apologies. This is merely something visual, but I was already looking into SkyMaxx for other critical reasons and this only adds to it, but I think I need to upgrade my graphics card to support it with good settings, since I only have a GTX 960. After I got X-Plane 11 I had fps issues and had to upgrade the motherboard/cpu in July because of my old processor. Thank you sir.

11 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Iirc, the effect of raindrops on the windscreen is actually derived from an X-Plane dataref that gives information about the precipitation. So we can´t get much more native that that.

Cheers, Jan

Thanks Jan for the quick reply as well. This is a great product!

Edited by DeshMindER
  • Upvote 1